5.10.2018

Jack and David quotes

David:

David called a thermometer a "fever machine" the other day! We were dying! haha It makes sense though...

David tells me and Spencer at least once a day that he loves us. It is usually just randomly during the day too :) He is also a little stinker and WILL NOT ever let me take a power nap. I swear he can't make it 15 minutes without waking me up and asking for something. A few weeks ago, I was trying to take a quick nap while Kate was sleeping and he came into my room, woke me up and said, "Mom! I... I... I.... just love you!" I love that little turd too :)

"Mom! Did you know that Coach Nick's name is Nick?!"

 Jack:

"I am a Utah baby and David is an Alabama baby and Kate is an Iowa baby and mom is a California baby and dad is a Mexican baby!" (He somehow confused Mexico with Idaho! hahahaha)

Jack always tells us that he wants to move to California next! (I guess if you've lived in 4 states in just six years of life, you assume you are going to move to another state.) "Mom, I want to move to California because it's just right (referring to the weather), it's not all just about the shells!"

Jack told me the other day that he was going to ask Santa for diamonds this year. (My boy loves rocks, minerals, and sea shells! haha)

Jack got his feelings hurt by his friends and was crying while we were driving in the car with them a few weeks ago. When we got home, I pulled him aside from everyone to talk to him and he said, "I know what you are going to tell me, mom!" He then told me word for word our affirmations we practice every night before bed:

"Even though mean words and mean things people do sometimes hurt me, I love being me. I am kind, I am smart, I am brave, I am handsome, I am strong, I am good, I am a child of God."

I love my kids but I want them to remember to love themselves too and have tools to use when they get hurt and when I can't tell them how amazing they are! I'm glad this affirmation is sticking for Jack!

No comments:

Post a Comment