5.31.2019

Motherhood: A Roller Coaster Through Heaven and Hell






































I read recently (can't remember where) that motherhood is a rollercoaster that rides through heaven and hell multiple times per hour. Isn't that the truth?!

Yesterday, I watched in pride and wonder (and in beautiful 75 degree weather) as Jack and David completed their second day of swim team. (They love it and I am so grateful because I was so worried that it would be too hard for them, especially because it's 90 minutes!)

Afterwards, we went to Walmart pickup and after 20 minutes of wrestling and whining in the parked van, I realized that I had ordered my groceries at the Walmart in St. George (Heaven forbit I have to actually go inside and shop myself with my kids! #firstworldproblems!!!!) Then we went to free school lunch at the junior high where I encouraged everyone to try the hummus. David was the only one who was brave enough to try it, but it made him gag and then gag some more and for some reason, he couldn't stop gagging on a bite of hummus that was the size of a pea so I got to catch his barf in my hands in front of the packed cafeteria!

Later that afternoon, we took Kate to her swim lesson and she amazed us by floating on her back for 5 seconds all by herself! We all had fun swimming together afterwards until I had to sprint Kate to the bathroom so her diarrhea-filled swim-diaper-blow-out wouldn't dissolve into the pool. Jack and David offered no help to me because they were too busy fighting with each other about which carryout pizza we were going to order that night (Jack wanted Little Caesars and David wanted Papa Johns and I just wanted help with the poo!)

After ordering both Little Caesars AND Papa Johns (NEVER AGAIN!) we ran over to our neighbor's house to play on their slip and slide and just coast until Spencer got home :) Everyone was happy and I took a breath of gratitude for our wonderful friends and neighborhood, for the amazing weather and for my heavenly but sometimes hellish life I get to live ;) Life is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment