6.02.2019

First week of summer

First week of summer down and I am LOVING it! It has been a little crazy getting into the swing of things, but Jack at home honestly makes life easier for me (most of the time) by entertaining David ;) They've made a ton of forts, had friends over to play, and had pizza for lunch every single day at free school lunch at the jr. high :) Jack and David started swim team at Lifetime Fitness this week. I was SO NERVOUS about starting them there because it is 90 minutes long instead of 30 minutes for David and 45 minutes for Jack at the parks and rec swim teams. Lifetime was cheaper with my employee discount and more convenient for me (because I can drop them off at swim and Kate off at the kids academy and go workout while they swim, instead of killing over an hour at the jr. high with them.) So far, they love it and I get an entire hour and a half to myself every morning to either workout or get work done at the cafe. Yay!

Kate has swim lessons once a week and loves it!


We all love our neighbor friend, Vinnie! He is in between Jack and David's age and is a mix of both of their personalities and they play so well together! They constantly go back and forth between houses and they love Vinnie's pool and leopard gecko!


On Saturday, we had our first chill Saturday in a long time. We had no sports or plans and it was nice to just hang out.
Spencer had no choice but to sit in the fort since they took all of the couch cushions :)

We went to Target to buy a "mermaid dress." Kate was obsessed with her friend's to the point she would ask, "Ellie's house mermaid dress" and we didn't want to make Ellie feel like she was being used for her mermaid dress so we got her her own ;) We also stopped at the DI and scored some fun girl toys for her since our house is filled with only boy toys :)

Grocery cart, Sophia the First mermaid doll, Minnie Mouse dress up doll, goggles, Moana microphone, and tiara for a grand total of $12.

She bossed me around looking like this all day and it was really hard to take her seriously :)

We headed to Lifetime Fitness in the afternoon to swim and Kate was determined to swim with her new mermaid doll and new mermaid dress. Thankfully, we got it off of her last minute to swim with just a minor tantrum but couldn't get her to let go of the doll. The doll survived swimming for an hour with Kate, except that it doesn't sing songs anymore, which honestly isn't a bad thing ;)



I got an underwater camera for the summer and I'm so excited about it! I don't think I've ever put my head under the water this much since I was a kid so hopefully the camera will make me a fun mom this summer! haha
















And a little photo dump of unrelated pictures:
The last of Jack's first grade school work:

"Once upon a time Jack was going to the zoo when he got there he saw monkeys and all of that. He saw a ginormous elephant he noticed he liked him so he crashed into the wall and they were best friends. The end."





































"After they surfed they saw a crab. They called him crabby pants and he did silly stuff like dabbing and flossing and chucking sand in his mouth."
I love this turtle he drew:

No comments:

Post a Comment