6.06.2012

An astronaut visit

This past month has felt like a very long and very stupid and very un-fun version of camping. We left Logan exactly four weeks ago, but as you can see, we're making very slow progress...

The exterminator came to spray our apartment yesterday! After inspecting our apartment and observing all of the prep work that we had done he told me, "Wow, you really went all out! Thank you for your cooperation."

Of course we went all out, Mr. Exterminator! There were bugs crawling up and down our skin at night!! And you call this all out?! Do you know how hard it was to not burn down our entire apartment?!

He told us that our infestation didn't look so bad, that he would kill those dirty little bleepers, and he predicted that we would not have a bed bug problem again. I sure hope he is right. 

In the mean time and in addition to the plethora of "minor" issues with out apartment, our shower drain stopped draining completely! We asked the maintenance guy to come fix it but he refused to even come close to our apartment because - bed bugs! Apparently, he has "done a lot of research on bed bugs and even if we sprayed, they won't die until next Tuesday." 

Next Tuesday?! We also did a lot of research on bed bugs, Mr. Maintenance Guy, and talked to our exterminator and to our other friends who work for pest control companies, but we don't quite understand how you came up with Tuesday. Our showers cannot wait until next Tuesday!!

After much encouragement from the apartment management, the maintenance guy finally agreed to fix our shower drain today. He said the rest would have to wait until Tuesday or later - because the bed bugs would be dead by then. Whatever.

You can imagine my surprise when I opened the door this afternoon to find the grouchy/angry maintenance guy dressed in a full on astronaut suit with rubber slippers standing at my door! I think he had our already bed bug sprayed apartment confused with the bubonic plague or something. For a moment, I actually wished that those dead bed bugs were still crawling up and down my skin so that I could give that astronaut/plummer a huuuge hug of gratitude for coming before Tuesday! Just spreading the love, man!

On a happier note, we only have to pay half of our rent next month! We earned it, don't ya think?

Speaking of happier notes, I will try to stop venting on this blog. It's just that it's the cheapest therapy out there.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Annie I am so sorry! Your blog has me feeling so grateful for all that I have! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm my house has looked like that for three weeks and we don't have bed bugs..i hope. I hate moving so much. Also, that video of you guys laughing is the cutest thing ever

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, you're supposed to get a picture of Mr. Bug-Phobic Astronaut Maintenance Man to hang on your fridge and make you laugh in twenty years...

    And non-draining showers are the pits. And they cause stinky armpits.

    wow. I need to go to bed.
    -Ariana

    ReplyDelete