2.07.2013

Things I'm loving about running lately


  • Parenthood on netflix while running on the treadmill. I just barely made the amazing discovery that my cheap gym has free wifi so running on the treadmill just got fun. And since HungryRunnerGirl watches Parenthood on the treadmill and since I want to be like her, Parenthood it is. I'm a few episodes in though, and I'm not hooked. Should I keep watching it? Is it good?
  • Team 413's "Get There And Share" half marathon that I signed up for to race in April. Here is part of the race description: 
Founded in 2003, TEAM 413 has become the largest ministry for endurance athletes in the world. Run, walk, fellowship and worship with runners from all over the country. All dollars will help us continue our efforts to "GET THERE AND SHARE" Christ with whosoever along our journey. Initial plans are to have a "night before" share time with music and speakers, a pre-race devotion and prayer time, and a post-race celebration with a contemporary Christian band. This will be an event that you will never forget! 

              I love living in the South! 
  • My faster running pace. But then when I was in Utah this Christmas and tried running and ended up trotting/walking, I realized that I'm probably only faster because of the low altitude here.
  • The Swedish Fish I'm going to buy at the store today for fuel for long runs because it's cheaper than  GU and because HungryRunnerGirl uses swedish fish for fuel and also did I tell you I want to be like HungryRunnerGirl?
  • The Backyardigans on Netflix. This has nothing to do with running but why didn't anybody tell me about this darling show and how it is a trillion times better and cuter and not-as-annoying as Barney and Yo Gabba Gabba?!

5 comments:

  1. Parenthood is seriously great. I'm not even joking when I say that I probably cried at least once during every episode this last season. SO GOOD.

    I'm going to have to try The Backyardigans. We're still stuck on Blue's Clue's over here and I am about to go CRAZY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard good things about Parenthood but I watched the first episode and was not impressed. Just not for me I guess :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Parenthood! And I love the Swedish Fish idea for fuel...not that I plan on running far enough to eat it but regardless...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Jaelynn! I'm almost positive I cried in every episode this season. I watch a lot of shows, and it is definitely my favorite!

    ReplyDelete