2.01.2013

Text messaging and post-pregnancy brain (is that even a thing?)

Every day when I get home from the gym, I hop in the shower and wash myself as fast as I possibly can while Jack hurries as fast as he possibly can to put everything we own into the shower (medicine, dirty diapers, deodorant, my straightener, my running shoes, my workout clothes, toilet paper...) After I take a shower, I get dressed, then put Jack on the counter while I get ready for the day. Jack has been imitating everything I do lately, down to trying to brush his hair and attempting to put on blush and mascara. Spencer hates it. I think it is adorable. 

Today after I got out of the shower, Jack was particularly anxious to get along with our routine so I hurried out of the shower and put him straight on the counter as I dried myself off. He quickly grabbed the brush and brushed his hair while talking to himself in the mirror with his little high pitched voice. So cute. I grabbed my phone, stepped to the side, and took a picture of my adorable baby's reflection in the mirror. I admired the picture of my cute baby boy and quickly sent the picture to Spencer and my mom. Since the picture was so dang cute, I went back on my phone to get another look at my adorable baby brushing his hair and that's when my heart stopped... my completely naked body was in the picture to the side of my totally adorable son!!!!!

Has everybody experienced the stomach sinking, "come-back-text-message!!!" feeling at one point in their life? I quickly called my mom in a panic shouting, "DO NOT OPEN THAT PICTURE MESSAGE!!! It is a picture of me naked!!!!!" 

Just guess if she then decided to open it or not... 
(totally opened it)

After our conversation that both had us laughing to tears, I sent a few more texts to her:

Me: Now I feel bad for that Congressman Weiner guy. How do we know he didn't just totally accidentally take a picture of his **whaaaaat?!** and accidentally send it to some random phone number?!

Me: Actually, the perfect placing of my elbow and that pink hair gel on the countertop barely covers me up and is quite teasing.

Me: The people interviewing me for a job today can't look at my picture messaging records can they?

Me: This goes to show I have complete googly mother eyes if I can't even notice my own naked body in the picture too! It doesn't help that my brick phone screen is so small.

Me: Saying a prayer of gratitude that I didn't send the picture to my mother-in-law like I normally do.

And to Spencer: You're welcome. 

7 comments:

  1. I literally just laughed out loud. Well with the millions of pictures that mothers take, it was only a matter of time until some nudity got thrown in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHA.....

    HAHAHAHAHA....

    Still laughing...that's just about the funniest story I've heard this year.

    Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good grief Annie. I'm so glad you posted this link on FB. I can't stop laughing. I miss you darlin' girl. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha That is hilarious!! This is why we love you though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Awesome. Brad sent me the link to this and told me that I should make the same mistake :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mom and I laughed to tears in the kitchen today. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THIS HAS ME ROLLING! Annie you are hilarious. And also, just be glad you didn't post the picture to Facebook or Instagram! :)

    ReplyDelete