3.25.2013

Spring Break 2013

Spencer's spring break was last week, but since Jack and I were in Arizona and Spencer was in Chicago the week before spring break, spring break was a pretty regular week for us. Spencer worked extra hours and I had work trainings, but we managed to do a few fun things we wouldn't normally do when Spencer is in school.

We met for lunch a couple of times during the week and I think I have officially decided what my favorite meal in Birmingham is - it is the Spicy Beef Salad from Surin West. I was never a huge Thai food fan but I am now.
2675150565 aa44ed227e z zpsf0662fdf

Spencer is on a quest to find the best tasting BBQ pulled pork sandwich in Birmingham. We tried Jim N' Nicks this time and their cheesy biscuits were my favorite. I was also reminded that it is never a good idea to take Jack to restaurants.
IMG 5836 zps6f7395bc
 IMG 5839 zps9ed41fd5
 IMG 5847 zpsf97fe21e

Please don't report me about the knife, okay?
 IMG 5835 zps028be171
 FYI: There are a lot of cool churches in downtown Birmingham (and everywhere in the south). This is one of my favorites:
 IMG 5849 zpsde189efa

We took a quick trip to the zoo to see the new Lorikeet exhibit:
 IMG 5824 zpsb3a8fcdf

Spencer went to Bass Pro Shop to spend a birthday gift card from my parents when Jack and I were in Arizona and he convinced me to go with him again because he claimed it was better than Disneyland. ***SPOILER ALERT*** It was not better than Disneyland but it was better than any other outdoor store I've ever been to.
IMG 5868 zps40b55d1b

 IMG 5860 zpsbb981459
IMG 5856 zps757c164f
A friend from church organized a play date to take a tour of our local fire station. When I bring my 16-month-old to bigger kid play dates such as this, I feel like I need to preface my "hello" to everyone by saying, "I know my child has no clue what's going on but I'm desperate to get out of our apartment and talk to people..." :)
IMG 5811 zpse8d57592
 IMG 5822 zps3c174b8f
***
Parenting question!!! Is it okay to let Jack watch Gangnam Style on repeat while I make dinner? Will "Hey sexy lady" be in his early vocabulary now or will he just become a really awesome dancer?
IMG 5826 zpsfe884b81















5 comments:

  1. Haha I should try letting kelsie watch that so I can get her to eat! She's started dancing by swinging her hips now lol. I love bass pro shop! You should take him to cabellas next time he's in AZ it's even better than bass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Jack really already 16months? He's getting so old! He's so cute Annie. I think you make him sound so much worse than he really is... ;) I'm excited for all the little toddlers to get bigger. Since Sky is at least a year older than all our high school babies, I think maybe people will actually want to play with me if our kids start playing together. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha I know, Chelsie. I think I am just the typical, stressed-about-everything first time mom. Would having 3 kids in 3 years cure me of that? ;)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely will make him an awesome dancer!

    ReplyDelete