8.27.2014

The doctor's appointment that felt like a pop quiz

We went to a new doctor today for David's well check up so I had to fill out paper work and answer a bunch of questions. I learned today that I have a healthy baby boy and I also learned that my brain has officially turned to mush.

"What is your address?"

Panic. I've lived here for three months and my heart still skips a beat when someone asks me my address on the spot. (Confession: I peaked at my driver's license for the zip code because now that I'm on my 4th zip code, they all sound the same)

"What is your husband's phone number?"

I know this one!!! Turns out, I recited my social security number instead. They both start with 62 so it's confusing, okay?

Then I had to fill out paper work where I wrote down that my child's name was Davenport instead of David. Those dang D-A-V's get me every time. (Confession: when I was in elementary school, I made a huge birthday poster for my dad that said "HAPPY BIRTHLIN!!! FYI my maiden name is Wirthlin, so you can see the trickiness. Now, I always have to triple check birthday wishes that I write and it's an incredible burden.

Later, the doctor asked, "What was David's birth weight?"

My heart skipped a beat again, because I immediately thought of Jack's birth weight but after 5 awkward seconds, I got the answer right!!! Because I have a trick for that one! 7 pounds 7 ounces - lucky sevens for my Chinese New Year baby.

"What was his birth height?"

No freaking way was I going to get that one. I made an educated guess and they didn't seem to mind.

"How old are you?"

"Twenteeeeeee.........ummmmm...... four!"

The nursed laughed at me. She laughed!

"How old is your husband?"

Stomach drop. "Twenteeeeeeee...... (quick math in my head)..... six!"

I was pretty relieved when all of the questions were over. My brain. It's sad.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha I read this aloud to Gordy and we were both dying. You are so great, Annie!

    ReplyDelete