8.29.2014

Things I'm Loving

  • Accidentally running into the "Family Fun Fair" last weekend. Jack got his face painted, took a water color class (ha!), went to a petting zoo, and got a sword balloon. 
IMG 1205
 IMG 1206
 IMG 1207
  • 25 meals from Aldi for $150! We did the gluten free one this month and our favorite meals were the pork chops with apples and the loaded baked potato casserole
  • The Quad City River Bandit minor league baseball game. Woodmen Park was voted the most beautiful minor league baseball park and I can see why! It is right on the Mississippi River and it's gorgeous. We visited with Spencer's coworkers, we ate hamburgers, we rode the ferris wheel (Jack was in HEAVEN and I was scared to death), we stalked the mascot, and we cheered when everyone else cheered... we basically did everything but actually watch the game ;)
IMG 1208
 IMG 1209
 IMG 1210
 IMG 1211
 IMG 1212
 IMG 1213
 IMG 1214
And there was corn, of course. This is Iowa.
 IMG 1215
  • Volleyball! We started playing volleyball at our church with friends every Tuesday night. We rotate an adult in the nursery with the kids every 10 minutes and it has been SO FUN!
  • When my nap protester caves and falls asleep for THREE HOURS on the floor. 
IMG 1216
IMG 1217
  • THE NICEST letter in the mail from a friend on a day when I was having one of those guilty, feeling-like-a-failure-mom days. As I read it, I felt that familiar voice... "See?! I'm with you, I'm helping you, and I'm sending you angels." Thanks for being my angel this week, Leanne. Your words meant SO MUCH to me. :)
IMG 1218

No comments:

Post a Comment