8.20.2014

A social media fast, a sleep fast, and potty training

For the past 7 days, I have not been on facebook or instagram or on any blogs because I am a compulsive fb/insta/blog checker and I need to stop being a compulsive fb/insta/blog checker . Instead of social media this week, I have been reading a little more, listening to this podcast, being still when I have a minute to myself instead of checking something, and being more present with my family. Yesterday, I listened to Elder Bednar's talk on social media at Education Week and I LOVED IT. Perfect timing for me. Hashtag because of Him, hashtag did you think to pray, hashtag meet the mormons, hashtag flood the earth with truth.

Also for the past 7 days, David decided that he wasn't going to sleep longer than two hours at a time - day or night. Due to Jack and David sharing a room, we have rocked or nursed him to sleep since he was born and rushed to his side in the middle of the night when he cries so that he won't wake up Jack. As a result, we accidentally trained him to be a night crier and an incredibly needy baby and we are working hard to change that because our sanity depends on it! Three 2 hour naps at night with an hour break in between does not equal 6 hours of sleep!!!

I am now going to be one of those mommy bloggers and tell you about potty training - I HATE IT. That's all I got.

Potty training plus sleep depravation looks like this:
IMG 1187
If he wasn't running around naked, I let him choose his outfits.
 IMG 1188
9 a.m. ice cream cone runs.
IMG 1189
Making "snowmen" while I'm nursing David.
 IMG 1190
 IMG 1191
*Not pictured - David, because he is in trouble.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you can still check comments because you need to know how much those pictures are making my day. And you've inspired me to go on a social media fast, because I get addicted to "checking" soo easily. Annnnnd, I found with twins that they learn to sleep through each others' crying very quickly. I'm not sure how well this applies toddlers though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know Natalli! Seriously, twin babies and a toddler. You amaze me!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the sharing a room. We are doing it too. Honestly, it was about 2 weeks of pure death and sleep deprivation, letting them learn to sleep through each other. But it's good now! Good luck, stick with it, and I'm with you on the learning not to check everything in every still second that I have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. smm providers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really thank you for the valuable info on this great subject and look forward to more great posts. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty article with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great article. Good luck to the author! All the best! best reseller panel

    ReplyDelete