11.12.2014

3 TV shows and 3 Thanksgiving recipes

I was in a show rut for a long time so I re-watched my favorites - LOST and The Office. I still don't think anything beats those shows (I'm open for recommendations though!) but these are the shows I am currently watching and loving - all kind of girly shows :)

Once Upon A Time - Cute, clever, and fairy tale cheesy. I love it.

Parenthood - I'm so sad that this is the last season. I have fallen in love with the Braverman Family.

Gilmore Girls - I think I'm the last girl on earth to have not watched this series. I just started it because it's on Netflix and so far so good.

Has anyone watched Arrow? Is it good?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I am not a very skilled Thanksgiving Dinner maker, but these three recipes are my absolute favorite. Too bad I'm not a real live foodie blogger who includes pictures.

Stuffing

12 cups bread, broken up w/ crust (let it lay out for two days until it's stale)
1 cup melted butter
3/4 cup chopped onions
1 1/2 cup chopped celery with leaves
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 TB dried sage

Brown onions and celery in butter over stove.

Mix in 1/3 of the bread and let the butter soak in the bread.

Transfer to a mixing bowl and gradually add salt, pepper and sage

Add the remaining bread crumbs

And here's the tricky part - my recipe says to cook it in the oven. That's it. So I guess cook it at whatever temperature you want until it looks done to you :) (Grandma, do you know at what temp and for how long?!)

Sweet Potato Casserole

3 cups sweet potato
1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup milk

topping:
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1 cup chopped pecans

Boil and mash sweet potatoes. Blend in sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla, and milk. Put into baking dish and bake for 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Mix topping ingredients and pour over sweet potato mixture and heat for 5 minutes.

Chocolate Fudge Pecan Pie

1 cup pecans
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 heaping T cocoa
2 eggs
1 to 2 tsp vanilla
5 oz evaporated milk
1 9 inch pie shell

Melt butter in a saucepan. Add sugar, cocoa, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Mix well and add pecans. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place pie shell in oven for 8-9 minutes. Poke down bubbles. Pour mixture in pie shell and cook for 40-45 minutes. Take out of oven and cool completely so the pie can set.

What are your favorite Thanksgiving recipes?

2 comments:

  1. Confession: I just finished watching Lost for the first time (just 7 years late) and I'm still having withdrawls. Now I'm watching Smallville all the way through. It's great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watch Parks and Rec - It's the best! It rivals The Office.

    ReplyDelete