11.27.2014

Three on Thanksgiving


FB7D0942 7956 4D4C 9CC3 49DCD87697E5 2502 00000229CF60369E
Dear Jack,

Three years ago, in a nearly empty hospital in Logan, Utah, you quietly and miraculously entered this world and my life changed forever. It took just one moment to love your tiny six-pound body with dark brown hair, birdy legs, a button nose, and squinty almond eyes – I loved you so much that I thought my heart was going to burst! Instantly, my world no longer revolved my wants or needs but around you – your sleeping and eating and crying and diapering. I noticed your breathing, your dark peach fuzz, your smell, your tiny toes and fingers and bum and I loved it all! I laughed at your adorable hiccups and yawns and sneezes and slurps and toots.  I was amazed that my heart had the capacity to love so deeply – your were perfect because you were mine, because I created you and because you simply were. How miraculous that every soul that enters this world is loved immediately and unconditionally by a mother! Each stage of your three years has been a wonder - from cooing to crawling to walking to running to talking to loving your brother - ordinary, maybe, but miraculous through my mother eyes.

Thanks for letting me experience life through the eyes of a three year old boy. Thanks for pointing out the airplanes and tractors and cement mixers and construction sites and lawn mowers. Thanks for showing me all of the bugs. Thanks (kind of) for always making getting dressed or getting out the door a hilarious game of tag or hide and "shriek". Thanks for (at least) being the world's best PB&J eater and thanks for loving David (even when you love him too hard). And since you insist on waking up before the crack of dawn each morning, thanks for at least doing it cheerfully and for immediately telling me your dreams about us riding airplanes together to the moon. Thank you for your squinty-eyed smile and hugs and thank you for letting me kiss you anytime I want. Thank you for being YOU! I love you more than you’ll ever know and more than I ever thought I could.

Love,

Mom
482A6167 F87B 4081 B61B 734426BC1087 2502 00000229E2A643CC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jack's Three-Year-Old Interview
  1. What is your favorite color? green and LOTS of candles 
  2. What is your favorite toy? my lawn mower
  3. What is your favorite thing to eat? pizza
  4. What is your favorite TV show? Curious George
  5. What is your favorite outfit to wear?  dinosaur shirt
  6. Where do we live? the car and the gym and the swimming pool (oh dear)
  7. What are your favorite animals? the birds and the giraffes 
  8. Where does Daddy work? the "hosibal" (hospital)
  9. Where does Mommy work? the "hosibal" (ha!)
  10. What is your favorite book?  Dinosaur doctor one (How Do Dinosaurs Get Well Soon) and my snail book
  11. What is your favorite thing to do outside? spray the bugs
  12. Who is your best friend? Henry
  13. What do you want to be when you grow up?  4 years old
  14. What's your favorite game to play? hide and shriek
  15. What do you like to take to bed with you? mom and dad :)
  16. What's your favorite thing to do with Mommy?  have birthdays
  17. What's your favorite thing to do with Daddy?  work
  18. What's your favorite treat?  Christmas (???)
  19. What is your favorite movie? Curious George
  20. If you could go anywhere, where would you want to go? car ride
  21. What makes you happy?  Frosty the Snowman 
  22. What makes you sad?  I dunno
  23. What makes you scared?  Scary Halloween (he LOVES Halloween :)
  24. What is your favorite sport? Scooters
  25. What's your favorite flavor of ice-cream?  White ice cream, pink donut

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Jack!!! We are so sad we couldn't celebrate with y'all this year. But I love this post and love you guys. And this questionnaire....priceless. Love it!

    ReplyDelete