2.25.2015

It's cold, February holidays, toy dog poop, and Serial

The temperatures the last couple of weeks have looked like this:
IMG 0461

I know it's totally normal and expected to have temperatures like this in Iowa in February but I just can't. do. it. Iowa in February makes me want to quit life!

I completely disagree with this meme. The South is really onto something when it comes to snow. #shutdownandquitlife
IMG 0465

***WORST IDEA EVER*** Trying to be a fun mom and color snow with food coloring that will be such a hit with Jack that he now begs me all day, every day to go dig bowls and bowls of dirty-freezing-snow-that-is-so-freaking-cold-that-it-is-actually-rock-hard-ice and color it with him.
 IMG 0464
 IMG 0463


***BEST PARENTING STRATEGY EVER*** When your three-year-old finds water balloons in a junk drawer in the middle of stupid cold February and begs you to fill them up, tell him that only dads know how to do water balloons. Then when his dad finally gets home from work and fills them up, chuck your three-year-old outside and watch through the glass door in the warmth.
IMG 0458

Life after Whole30 = all the sugar all the time. #winning
IMG 0460
IMG 0469


Also - Watch this right now!!! -------> Jim Gaffigan Goes on A Kale Rant On 'Conan,' And He's Not Wrong
***FEBRUARY HOLIDAYS***
President's Day at the Family Museum - I love that the museum always has an organized craft for Jack to do so that I can stay off of that scary pinterest place.
IMG 0467

David's tradition of biting his tongue at the Family Museum is going strong! (It's happened three different times! It's so so sad!) But also, I am THAT mom with THAT kid that gets blood everywhere and we are the reason that places like these are germ fests :)
 IMG 0468

Valentine's Day - we shoved our faces with sugar cookies while Spencer organized and cleaned the basement which was great because sparing me the horror of organizing and cleaning the basement myself is totally my love language :) Jack and David got cute Valentine coats and lots of candy from my parents and superhero capes and lots of candy from my inlaws :) We had a great day!
IMG 0471
 IMG 0470
I told Spencer that all that I wanted for Valentine's Day was chocolate covered cinnamon bears - cheap and delicious!!! But it turns out there are no chocolate covered cinnamon bears to be found in the Quad Cities! After tons of searching and THIRTY DOLLARS LATER, Spencer finally shipped 3 lbs of chocolate covered cinnamon bears from a candy shop out west and they showed up the week after Valentine's Day :) #betterlatethannever #somuchforcheap #tooootallyworthit
IMG 0466
Here is some more proof that my brain is dying - I bought this cute Barbie and puppy for Jack's friend's birthday because I saw the cute Barbie and puppy but failed to notice the "Potty Trainin' Taffy" sign or the toy dog poop or the picture of the dog pooping until the next day when I starting wrapping the dang present 15 minutes before the party!!! I am THAT crude mom who buys kids play dog poop that comes out of the dog's bum.
IMG 0459
If you haven't listened to the podcast, Serial, you reeeeeallly need to! It is an investigation into the 1999 murder of Hae Min Lee and it is so well done and it is free and I couldn't stop listening to it until I finished it! Cleaning my house while listening to Serial was so fun and now that Serial is over, cleaning my house is no longer fun.
I really love these two pictures:
IMG 0462
 IMG 0472
Also #congratulationstomygrandmaforlearninghowtoposthashtagsininstagramcomments #theyarethebesthashtags #andthebestcomments !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment