2.04.2015

Things I'm Loving

  • This post. It is very important that you read it. I promise it will make your day.
"So listen, friend. You might be having a down day. You might be going through a rough patch. You might wonder if you’re the only one sitting in a giant, figurative pile of poo. But I am here to tell you, if you are not sitting in a giant, literal pile of poo, you’re doing better than you know. Better than you know, friends, and better than me that day."
  • David's stitches are out! 
Two Sundays ago, David stood up and leaned against a rolling chalk board at church and fell and cut his eyebrow open :( He had to get two stitches and was so brave!
Before stitches:
IMG 0512
Once he initially calmed down from his fall, he was pretty content until they started stitching him up - I've never seen a kid scream so hard in my life. It was heartbreaking!
IMG 0510
 IMG 0511
 IMG 0500
All stitched up and exhausted from all of the trauma
IMG 0508
5 days later we went to get the stitches out. He was so brave!!!
IMG 0501
  • David's birthday! He played with his presents from grandparents all morning and loooooved his birthday cupcakes. He ate two!
IMG 0496
 IMG 0497
My first time making cupcakes in my adult life #ihatecooking/baking
IMG 0499
 IMG 0493
The birthday crew.
IMG 0498
  • Sunday's snowstorm! Church was canceled so we worshiped in nature instead :) 
Watching Spencer and Jack build a snowman from the window in the warmth > building a snowman with Spencer and Jack in the cold
 IMG 0492
 IMG 0491
I'll brave the cold for sledding though
IMG 0490
  • Not having to shovel our driveway or sidewalks. (One plus side to renting)
IMG 0489
Except when they pile all of the snow in front of our garage. What's the point of shoveling our sidewalks and driveways if they're going to make us dig to get to our car?!
IMG 0487
  • Jack wearing his super suit all week long and occasionally still sleeping in the fetal position.
IMG 0502
Where did my baby go?!
IMG 0484
 IMG 0505
  • Chick-fil-a ice cream runs - except now that David has figured out how to climb up the play place and gets stuck, I have to climb up there to get him so I don't love it nearly as much
IMG 0506
  • David's walking skills - he walks more than he crawls now.
IMG 0495
  • Pretending it's summer - I hate the work it takes to get my kids in the pool and out of the pool but we all have so much fun while we're swimming!
IMG 0486
  • Babysitting/having friends over because it switches things up and I don't even have to leave the house.
IMG 0503
    ---------------------------------------------
    I would love to know how you entertain your kids in the winter.                       

No comments:

Post a Comment