4.19.2015

Spring things


Things I loved so much that I took a screen shot:
  • It's been consistently beautiful outside for a few weeks now but the last few days we've been able to wear SHORT SLEEVES and SHORTS!!!! When I'm outside, the sun feels warm on my skin and I'm like, "Oh ya! This is what it feels like to be happy!" I forget during those horrible winters :)
IMG 0292
  • My best friend is having another boy!!!!
Fullsizeoutput 10437
  • Hungry Runner Girl posted this on her blog and it's so ridiculous but so awesome also.
IMG 0293
 IMG 0311
  • My cousin, Hannah, is the second Smith grandchild who is smart enough to choose to go to Utah State ;) I'm so excited for her!!!! 
 IMG 0290
  • It's my mom's birthday today!!!! My grandma's birthday shoutout was pretty awesome #herhashtagsarealwayshilarious
 IMG 0285
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I told Jack that Nana's birthday was today and he said, "Take a picture of these flowers for Nana." He really loves his Nana :)
 IMG 0277
Before church today - Is it horrible to still dress my three-year-old in a romper? I love it.
 IMG 0278
Soccer was barely better this week :) Jack kicked the ball into the goal two times during practice, played in the dirt for the majority of the game, and then cried the rest saying, "Soccer is too hard! My friends are too big! I want my soccer game to be over!!!" I'm proud of Jack for doing hard things :)
IMG 0281
 IMG 0279
IMG 0280
 My kids watching the lawn mower :)
 IMG 0282
The key to Jack and David's hearts - bring worms home from your morning run (that was Spencer, not me!!!)
IMG 0294
Dirt face in the morning and chocolate face in the afternoon!
 IMG 0288
 IMG 0287
My grandma's instagram comment was the best: "Is this dirt on his face or was he fighting with the groundhog? #survivalofthefittest"
IMG 0286
 IMG 0284
We rode bikes back from the park one day this week and Jack randomly yelled to me, "MOM! I don't want another brother. And I don't want a sister. I like just David!!!!" #gladweareonthesamepagefornowbuddy :)
 IMG 0289
I hope one day when I look back on these days in our tiny two bedroom town house (with the tiny kitchen with no storage space and just the one tiny bathroom that is annoyingly on the top floor) that I remember the good stuff -  the bunny chasing and the popsicle eating and the dirt digging in the warm sunshine with my boys - it's so simple and so beautiful. Life is good!
 IMG 0291
 IMG 0283       

3 comments:

  1. Honored to make the blog. Miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your only bathroom is on the top floor? That's the pits. And I'm so glad you put that picture of Jack's whole soccer team on here - he is WAY smaller than all those other kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!!!! He is such a tiny three-year-old anyway and I didn't realize that there would be five year olds on his team too! And as for our bathroom on the top floor - it makes potty training a nightmare and Jack still won't go up there by himself! Gah!!!!

      Delete