4.12.2015

Things I'm Loving

  • Free zoo days! I was convinced after going that I was going to get a membership (even though it is quite a drive and not as cool as Birmingham's zoo) because David was OBSESSED with every single animal and his reactions were hilarious. Then I realized that he is just as obsessed with the birds and bunnies out in our yard so now I'm not so sure :)
(Jack was mad that he didn't get to ride in front)
IMG 0341
  • Jack's food therapy! I finally took him to get an evaluation and there were things that I was obviously doing to enable his picky behaviors that they coached me on but they also noticed some sensory issues with food that they want to work on with him. He has been going once a week and he loves it and I'm noticing progress! Yay!
  • My free parenting class at the local community college. It is just once a month and they feed us dinner and pay our babysitters $25 bucks (that's Spencer) while we are at the class. So basically I get paid $25 bucks for a night out with friends, free dinner, and a free class that only sometimes makes me feel like a bad parent :) It's awesome! 
  • Our groundhog that lives under our house finally got trapped! I'm surprised at how much I miss him - he provided a lot of entertainment to my kids.  
 IMG 0332
  • Jack's first soccer game! Kind of. He had fun for about two seconds until he realized that other kids were going to beat him to the ball. Then there were tears. And then some more tears. It's hard being the little guy. 
 IMG 0299
 IMG 0298
David, on the other hand, had a blast. He kicked every single ball in sight or would cry and cry until he got his way. (His way was having Spencer hold him out on the field while he coached. David is such a good manipulator :)
I love this picture of Spencer - David perfectly content in Spencer's arms and Jack crying hysterically at his leg all while trying to coach. And I just kicked back and took pictures :)
IMG 0300
  • Our road biking day date down the Mississippi River. I love Iowa*!!!
IMG 0297
*for six months of the year :)
  • Jack and David's Easter present/outfits from my mom. The only reason I got Jack to smile was to bribe him with an airplane ticket to Nana's house. The airplane ticket bribe is working wonders and I can still use it for two more months! hahaha
 IMG 0296
  • Sunday walks - even in the cold rain. By April, the only thing that is going to stop us from going outside is 0 degrees. 
 IMG 0295

    No comments:

    Post a Comment