4.06.2015

Easter and inlaws and throwup

Last Saturday, my mother and father-in-law came to visit for the week. Jack was VERY impatient for them to get here. They weren't flying in until the afternoon and Spencer had to work that morning, so we killed time by Easter Bunny hopping (pun intended). We had breakfast with the Easter Bunny at our local grocery store (don't ask me why I thought sitting down and ordering food by myself with both kids was a good idea) and then headed to a church down the road that was doing an Easter Egg hunt, Easter Egg coloring, and face painting.
Jack loved the Easter Bunny but David wasn't a fan. I don't blame him, I have yet to see an non-creepy human sized Easter Bunny!
 IMG 0339
 IMG 0338
David liked the Easter Bunny at the church a lot better but the bible on display with it was killing me! So funny!
 IMG 0337
When Spencer's parents got here we headed to the Machine Shed for dinner - tractors, corn statues, farmed themed and delicious food. Great introduction to Iowa :) We ordered from the kids menu for the first time and the food came out on a tractor. How perfect/adorable is that?!
IMG 0336
On Sunday, we went to church and relaxed, then on Monday, we went to the John Deere Pavilion and the Family Museum. On Tuesday, we went to the Putnam Science Museum and on Wednesday we went back to the John Deere Pavillion because they had baby ducklings.
 IMG 0333
 IMG 0331
And more photos to add to my massive collection of "tractor museum" pictures:)
 IMG 0325
 IMG 0324
Sporting their Aggie sweatshirts #trueblueaggies #thanksgmaannieandpapa
 IMG 0335
 IMG 0334
Jack talked for two days straight about holding the baby ducks, held the duck for literally 5 seconds and then freaked out when it jumped! He refused to hold the "scary" ducks for the rest of the time! David, on the other hand, LOVED the ducklings (except for when it tried to climb up his shirt).
 IMG 0330
 IMG 0329
 IMG 0328
We got to see a duckling hatch and Jack kept saying how cute it was... I wasn't so sure...
 IMG 0327
 IMG 0326
Spencer was able to take Thursday and Friday off of work so we headed to Nauvoo. We stopped at Carthage Jail on the way.
 IMG 0323
In Nauvoo, we went on a carriage ride, visited some of the historical homes and sites, and switched off doing a temple session. Jack kept saying that he was going to the temple to see Jesus and he cried when Jesus didn't come see him. He was satisfied when he saw what he termed "Jesus' ghost" and I didn't even correct him for fear that there would be more tears!
IMG 0318
 IMG 0322
I can't get enough of David's curls!!!
 IMG 0321
 IMG 0320
 IMG 0319
 IMG 0317
 IMG 0316
 IMG 0315
 IMG 0313
I was both amazed and a little grossed out by this wreath on display made of hair!
 IMG 0314
We headed home on Friday afternoon and our two hour drive home turned into a four hour drive thanks to the most horrible flu bug ever. We had to stop and clean Jack up three times and it was both hilarious and so sad to hear Jack cry over and over, "I don't like to poop my paaaaants!!!! I don't like to throw uuuuup!!!!"
 IMG 0312
The next day, Spencer's parents went home and then Jack was crying, "I don't like to poop my paaaants!!! I don't like gwamma and gwampa go hooooome!!! I don't like to throw uuuuup!!!" So sad! We are so grateful Spencer's parents were able to make it out to visit and hope we didn't get them sick!
The flu didn't stop us from having a Happy Easter though! Jack stopped to take one throw up break, the poor guy!
IMG 0310
 IMG 0309
 IMG 0308
 IMG 0307
 IMG 0306
 IMG 0305                
David found our Easter Bunny! The bunnies are multiplying and it's so fun for my boys to see bunnies every time we go outside.
 IMG 0304
 IMG 0303
Funniest quote from Jack: he was playing the Temple Run app and noticed that the coins were changed to Easter Eggs for Easter. He said, "MOM!!! How is the Easter Bunny DO THAT?!"
 IMG 0302
I got constant pictures texts from my family and the Sheets who were visiting Arizona this Easter. The only thing better than a WorthShit Easter is a WorthShit Christmas Eve so I was really missing them yesterday! Iowa is too far away!!!
IMG 0301
We didn't get much out of general conference thanks to barfy and fussy boys, but President Uchtdorf's talk on Grace made me want to give him a standing ovation! (That's appropriate, right?!) It may be my favorite General Conference talk of all time.
I stole this picture from the Whole30 instagram account but seriously, cadbury mini eggs are like crack! For some insane reason, my mom doesn't really like cadbury eggs so I didn't have them much growing up and I think my body wants me to make up for it by shoving as many of these eggs into my mouth as fast as possible.
 IMG 0340
We went to the doctor this morning and are taking it easy this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment