4.22.2016

Friday Favorites

Today, I'm linking up with NarciErika and Andrea for Friday Favorites!

I'm pretty sure that 50 percent of my blog is dedicated to venting about cold weather and the other 50 percent is just pictures of us playing outside when we have good weather. My apologies :) Today, you will be getting "playing outside in good weather pictures". Some favorites this week:
  • Our Chicago day trip on Saturday! We went to the zoo, we biked on Lake Michigan, and we ate yummy food! Full Chicago post -------> here
IMG 1910
  • Walks on our bike trail! Have I mentioned that on this blog before?! ;) I'm like a broken record. On our last walk, Jack found a snake and without hesitation, he walked over to it and PICKED IT UP!!! Spencer and I were laughing so hard and were pretty impressed with his bravery. He named the snake "Hider." :)
IMG 1983
IMG 1984
IMG 1978
  •  This:
IMG 2084
 IMG 2083
  •  My view from my bedroom window:


IMG 2090
Our tree is so beautiful right now.
IMG 2088
  •  Watching my boys play out in our yard. On the side of our townhouse, we have a line of pine trees that make a pretty cool tunnel/fort that is perfect for a little boy's imagination. They chase bunnies and birds and catch worms under there. David calls it his "bunny work" :)
IMG 2099
Digging for worms
IMG 2106
Feeding their worms to the birds :)
 IMG 2103
My problem with David lately is that he now knows how to escape to our back yard that isn't gated using the sliding door. Whenever he sees a bunny or a bird, he leaves the house to "run the bird/bunny" or even to "run daddy" :) It's cute, but it's also a problem if I'm not on the main floor with him when he escapes. Does anyone know of a good sliding door child lock? Do those even exist?
  •  Jack and David's "outfits" on Monday when it was 80 degrees :) They are ready for summer!
IMG 1986
  • I saw this on Hungry Runner Girl's blog the other day and it made me laugh :) The Parent Trap was one of my favorites and I was obsessed with Lindsay Lohan (and Hillary Duff and Mary-kate and Ashley) as a tween :)
IMG 2081
  • "Worm class!" There was a one day worm class at Nahant Marsh Education Center that Jack's friend invited us to and the boys loved it! They got to play with a worm (they are pretty good at playing with LOTS of worms at home already - I found a live worm in David's pocket on the way to the class! haha!) and they did a bunch of worm activities. The highlight for them was touching all of the snakes and turtles afterwards!
IMG 1697
    IMG 1705
     IMG 1708
     IMG 1714
    Happy Friday!!!




2 comments:

  1. My boy loves a good worm... I let his dad handle that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I know I don't know you. We have a mutual friend that I saw your blog through. We have a dowel that we put rubber stoppers on the sides and then wedge them in the top of the door. Best way to child proof a sliding glass door!

    ReplyDelete