4.19.2016

Show and Tell Tuesdays: A Day in the Life

Today I'm linking up with Andrea for Show and Tell Tuesdays for "A Day in the Life."

Here is Friday, April 15th documented from start to finish:

6 am - Jack and David crawled into bed with us. David fell back to sleep but Jack stayed awake and we told each other about our dreams - Jack dreamed about turtles and I dreamed that we had bedbugs at our hotel at Disney World (I'm seriously traumatized from The Bedbugs of 2012!)
IMG 1733
6:30 am - Spencer's alarm went off and we all woke up and went downstairs.
6:45 am - I left for a run. I did a 4 mile negative split run with mile times of 8:38, 8:24, 8:06 and 7:40.
IMG 1741
Meanwhile, Spencer fed the boys their first round of breakfast and got ready for work. He's the best.
7:30 - Spencer left for work.
7:30 - 9:30 - I showered, got ready for the day, got the boys ready for the day, ate breakfast, cleaned up breakfast, and packed lunches for the park. Jack and David played toys and watched Barney on my phone.
9:30 - we loaded up on the bike and headed to the park with friends! Before we got to the park, we stopped to throw rocks in the creek.
IMG 1748
IMG 1754
We played and ate lunch at the park before heading back home.
IMG 1759
11:45 - we rode home from the park but the boys didn't want to go inside yet! They dug in the dirt and chased bunnies and birds outside while I sat in the grass and read a book. It was one of the first days of warm weather (high 70s and low 80s) and we took advantage of it!
IMG 1784
 IMG 1787
 IMG 1785
1:00 pm - we went inside and ate a snack. I bought drinkable yogurts for the first time and will never buy them again! They are a mess!
IMG 1792
1:30 pm - David went down for a nap and Jack settled down with his "cozy animals" for a reptile documentary on Netflix. (I don't know how he can pay attention to it! I think it is so boring! haha) My boy sure loves reptiles and sea animals!
IMG 1798
Meanwhile, I made some phone calls and stalked some blogs and enjoyed a diet mountain dew (Spencer is officially hooked and I'm trying so hard to resist but I feel like those cans of soda call my name from the fridge!! haha)
 IMG 1796
2:30 pm - Jack and I did a quick turtle craft. (Jack makes sure EVERYONE knows that turtles are his favorite and a sweet friend from school gave this to him)
IMG 1800
 IMG 1801
 Then, we prepped for dinner (my favorite Chinese Chicken Salad) since it's a lot easier for me to get dinner ready when David isn't around ;)
 IMG 1804
3:30 - David woke up from his nap. Since his diaper was dry, I had him try to go to the bathroom. Whenever he tries to go potty, he holds his hands together like this and I think it's so cute! haha
IMG 1815
Then they wanted to do play dough!
IMG 1808
 While they were playing downstairs, I folded a load of laundry and watched what I think is going to be my new guilty pleasure -  "My Five Wives". haha
 IMG 1810
 It got way too quiet downstairs and when I went to check on Jack and David, they were outside watching the lawn mower :)
IMG 1812
4:00 pm - we played outside again until Spencer got home from work.
 IMG 1872
They always ask me to open the van so they can play in there too :)
IMG 1874
5:00 pm - Spencer came home, we ate dinner quickly, then headed out for a backup activity since our babysitter for the night fell through last minute.
I love this boy and his hot, messy curls!
IMG 1883
We rode bikes on the Mississippi! We started at downtown Davenport and rode to the park at Credit Island.
IMG 1886
 IMG 1892
Jack and David love playing on the army tank at Credit Island!
IMG 1893
7:30 - we got home from biking and Spencer bathed the boys and put them to bed while I cleaned the kitchen and downstairs.
8:30 - we watched a few episodes of The Office then went to bed early since we were heading to Chicago bright and early the next day.

And that's a day in our life! Nothing too exciting but man, I'm grateful for these slow, simple (and 70 degree!) days with my little guys!

Other day in the life posts:

October 2015
September 2014

5 comments:

  1. Your "simple" days are just like mine, and I LOVE them! Especially ones with awesome weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great day! And your Mississippi is WAY wider than it is here in Minnesota! Crazy how it changes the further south it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww fun day! I LOVED those drinkable yogurts as a kid. They were always such a treat for us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine the mess those drinkable yogurts would make. My little guy still makes a mess of the squeezable pouches. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend takes a straw and punches it through the lid of the drinkable yogurt, rather than having the mess of the whole top open. It is so much easier and way less mess!

    ReplyDelete