3.03.2017

Things I'm loving


  •  Celebrating Spencer's birthday! Jack and David chose their birthday presents to give to Spencer and kept it a secret for over a month! (They originally wanted to give him a dinosaur costume and a Captain America costume but I convinced them to tone it down a notch ;) They were soooooo excited to give Spencer his Captain America and Jurrasic Park shirts :)
Fullsizeoutput d870
This was the second year in a row where it was warm enough to be outside on Spencer's February birthday! We picked up some food and met him at a park for lunch.
Fullsizeoutput d876
Spencer requested Swig sugar cookies instead of birthday cake this year. A friend of ours introduced us to these cookie mixes and they taste JUST LIKE the Swig cookies. All of the knock-off recipes online don't even come close.
 Fullsizeoutput d879
Fullsizeoutput d889
The birthday celebration will continue tomorrow - Jack decided he was in charge of planning Spencer's "birthday party" - pretty much we are doing exactly what Jack would want to do if it was his birthday party :)
I was just thinking the other day about how I didn't think Spencer has aged one bit, but then I saw this picture of him as a senior in high school ;) It's hard for me to believe that that lurpy stud still holds his high school discuss record! haha I'm so lucky he's mine!
IMG 0006
  • Things Jack's loving: texting my dad animal emojis, drawing and cutting out millions of archelons (prehistoric sea turtles - the things you learn about when you have a dinosaur and turtle loving boy :), and his new shark tooth necklace that he got at his school's book fair. He says that he is going to wear his necklace every single day when he is five and me and Spencer wouldn't put it past him! haha
Fullsizeoutput d7e6
 Fullsizeoutput d86c
 Fullsizeoutput d892
  • Memes I'm loving:
Fullsizeoutput d7dd
 Fullsizeoutput d894
  • The greatest honor I have ever received... (hahaha!) ;)
...Employee of the month at the YMCA! haha I'm laughing about this because this may sound hard to believe, but it was never my intention to be working my high school job ten years later at a YMCA while in my final month of my third pregnancy ;) #goals #thethingsidotofuelmydisneyvacationfund (I think they saw me waddling on the pool deck and felt so sorry for me that they decided to name me employee of the month ;) Full disclosure: when my supervisor took this picture of me, I made her retake the picture like 8 times before I realized that that was just how I looked like 8 months pregnant with no make up on and my hair pulled back! (insert crying emoji) hahaha Obviously I am thrilled that this is the first thing people see when they walk in the gym...
IMG 0036
  •  Facetiming my cute nephew Calvin :)
Fullsizeoutput d864
  •  Family pictures from December - I think David looks like a different human with curly hair!!!
Fullsizeoutput d7f5
 Fullsizeoutput d7f4
 Fullsizeoutput d88b
 Fullsizeoutput d887
  • Monkey Joes (admission was free two days in a row last week and we took advantage of it!)
 Fullsizeoutput d842
Fullsizeoutput d834
  •  The cute new Doc McStuffins exhibit at the Family Museum
Fullsizeoutput d875
  • Picnics and playing outside in our February spring weather
 Fullsizeoutput d865
 Fullsizeoutput d85d
 Fullsizeoutput d856
------------------------------------------------------------------
Things that I am not loving:
  • Registering Jack for kindergarten. I can't think about it for too long or else I start crying and he doesn't even start for another six months!
 IMG 0037
  •  Jack and David's horrible sleeping routine - they come into our bed every. single. night. and we will never be able to sleep train them because Spencer doesn't even notice that they sneak in bed by him! haha They never come on my side because they know that I will send them straight back to their bed if they touch me while I sleep ;) I seriously have no idea how Spencer sleeps through their snuggling - it is a talent that I wish that I had.
Fullsizeoutput d86d
Fullsizeoutput d86f

No comments:

Post a Comment