3.29.2017

What's Up Wednesday

Fullsizeoutput 10f31
Today, I’m linking up with ShayShaefer and Mel for What’s Up Wednesday!
What we're eating this week: 
I have no idea. Our eating has been pretty dysfunctional lately. Jack and David are picky, Spencer is now diary-free, eating super healthy plus he went off of sugar for Lent (why?!!) and I am just pregnant and picky and sensitive to smells. So basically everything Spencer cooks for himself (I should just be grateful that he cooks and proud that he's being so healthy!) smells awful to me. (He seriously eats three different types of curry weekly and pretty much just turkey burgers on the other days and the thought or smell of those foods now make me want to puke! So we usually make four different meals for dinner. It's bad and I wish we could just eat out every meal :)  
What I'm loving:
 I just discovered this candle scent at Bath and Body Works and I LOVE IT. Usually I like the fall/winter candle scents over spring/summer but this might be my favorite ever.
Fullsizeoutput dafa
I also bought Target's Island Moonlight candle because it smells just like the Anthropology candles that I can't justify buying and love it also, though the throw isn't super strong so I just burn it in smaller rooms.
What I'm reminiscing about:
Yesterday, I blogged about my top five most ridiculous  photos and that had me reminiscing quite a bit :)
What I'm dreading:
Being pregnant for three more weeks. I am HUGE - way bigger than I was when I was pregnant with Jack and David and I'm ready to be done and meet this sweet baby! 
What we've been up to:
Jack had spring break last week, and even though that's not a huge deal when he just goes to preschool for half the day for three days a week, we played pretty hard and did some fun new things!
Spring break highlights - fire station tour, exploring the tiny geology museum at a local college (because - dinosaur fossils! ;) and driving an hour to Iowa City with a friend to stock up at Costco. (Ok, this list makes me feel like my mom life is kind of pathetic ;)
Fullsizeoutput da1a
Fullsizeoutput da1c
Fullsizeoutput da1e
Fullsizeoutput da31
The geology museum exceeded my very low expectations ;) There were more dinosaur fossils than I thought there would be and the kids were really into it because there was a box full of cards with pictures of different things in the museum that you could choose from to go search for.
 Fullsizeoutput da8c
 Fullsizeoutput da73
Fullsizeoutput da7a
Other things Jack and David have been up to - playing with dinosaurs in fake snow (for hours! It's amazing!), going to a friends birthday party, and playing outside. (The high was 77 degrees and sunny on Friday and Jack yelled from outside at me and said, "Mom, you gotta come out here and try out this sun!!!")
Fullsizeoutput daaa
My friend texted me this picture from her daughter's "Trolls" birthday party and it cracked me up :)
 Fullsizeoutput daae
What I'm working on:
Growing a baby and surviving my last month of pregnancy ;)
What I'm excited about:
Meeting our baby boy or girl!
What I'm watching:
 Fullsizeoutput dabc
Poldark!!! Oh man, this may be one of my favorite shows ever! It's on Amazon Prime and Spencer and I finished both season 1 and 2 and LOVED IT!
What I'm reading:
I read this book for a professional development class I took to renew my teaching license and while it had a lot of good ideas and concepts about compassion, it was pretty dry. I recommend reading Daring Greatly by Brene Brown over this one - same principles, but WAY more engaging.

Fullsizeoutput dabb 
"In love we find out who we want to be; in war we find out who we are." This beautiful story is about two sisters fighting to survive during World War II in their own horrific and inspiring ways. This book has received a lot of praise and now I know why! It's one of my very favorite books I've ever read.
IMG 0314
My grandma gave me this book back in September for my birthday and I finally got around to reading it this month. I couldn't put it down! I loved it and I can't wait to see the movie now!
 IMG 0316
A friend recommended this book and I joked that it was my self help book for living in Iowa ;) I actually didn't read the entire book, but loved the "love where you live principles." I also loved the chapter that talked about how walking and biking places helps you to love where you live and I couldn't agree more! Some of my happiest memories and most sacred moments happened on my favorite running/hiking/biking trails in Logan, Birmingham and Davenport.
 Fullsizeoutput d9db
Fullsizeoutput d9e1
What I've been listening to:
Disney Pandora station :)
What I'm wearing: 
Stretch7 pants. My maternity jeans don't even fit me anymore. Whaaaah!!! 36 week baby bump pic:
Fullsizeoutput dab9
What I'm doing this weekend: 
Hanging out at home and listening to General Conference
What I'm looking forward to next month:
BABY!!!!!
Bonus Question:
 photo WUWquestions_zpszasaseyl.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that Trolls birthday party looks super fun, ha! I checked out The Nightingale a few weeks ago but returned it before I had a chance to read because I wanted to take paper back books on vacay! It's still on my list! Have you read, "Same Kind of Different as Me?" it's also good and made into a movie this fall. Thanks for sharing! Super cute baby bump, good luck!

    ReplyDelete