12.06.2017

Life lately

Jack's birthday celebrations seemed to never end this year! His birthday was on Monday the 27th and we went to Urban Jungle after school and then Pizza Pie Cafe for dinner. He was too tired for ice cream (he doesn't like cake) so we went out for ice cream the following evening. He came home from school with a birthday hat and was so excited :)
Fullsizeoutput 1011b
Fullsizeoutput 10118
 Kate loved Urban Jungle too :)
Fullsizeoutput 10115
 Fullsizeoutput 10114
 Fullsizeoutput ffd2
 Fullsizeoutput 10113
 We also played at the park with friends and he somehow convinced everyone at the park to stop playing and help him dig in his new fossil kit :)
 Fullsizeoutput 1011d
The fossil digging went on into the night :)
Fullsizeoutput 1011f
Fullsizeoutput 100f9

On Saturday we had his birthday party. He had a "fossil" party and he has been talking about it for the last six months, I swear! We made fossils, dug for fossils, went on a dino egg hunt, played pass the dino, and ate pizza and "fossil" sugar cookies. Birthday parties are so much easier when the weather is nice! I'm so excited about all of our winter birthdays in our family now that we live in Arizona!
Fullsizeoutput 10081
I was super creative with my decorating ;)
Fullsizeoutput 1008d
 Dino dig
Fullsizeoutput 10095
 Fullsizeoutput 100c0
 Fullsizeoutput 100c5
 IMG 8538
 Fullsizeoutput 10079
 IMG 8547
Later that day, it got up to 84 degrees! It was HOT and our neighbors stayed and swam in our tiny play pool :) Gotta love Arizona winters!!!
IMG 8555
IMG 8557
--------------------------------------------------
Other things we've been up to:
  • Jack was awarded student of the month last Friday! I got an email from his teacher saying that he was going to be honored in front of the school and that I was invited to go watch but I forgot to go!!! #motheroftheyear. I'm pretty sure he's not scarred from me missing it but I sure am! I had a pit in my stomach the rest of the day! My friend was there and must have noticed my mom fail and took pictures for me. I'm so grateful :)
Fullsizeoutput 100e7
 Fullsizeoutput 100e8
 Fullsizeoutput 100e9
 Fullsizeoutput 100e2
Another mom fail worth noting - I got a babysitter to go to Jack's first turkey trot but was late and missed the entire run!!! Thankfully they had a few activities afterwards that I stayed for and thankfully Jack didn't care... but I'm just sad I missed it!!!
Jack insisted that I take a picture of him with his P.E. teacher dressed as a turkey :) I'm such a good "Instagram mom" ;)
IMG 7866
  • We put our Christmas decorations up! Jack was totally into putting all of the ornaments on the Christmas tree but David just danced and did hand stands to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra the entire time :)
IMG 8594
This picture made me realize how bad we need to either buy a fresh tree next year or upgrade to a larger tree :)
 IMG 8598
 I covet pottery barn kid's seasonal Halloween and Christmas plates and cups every year (they change designs every year) and I finally splurged on the Christmas ones this year because they were so dang cute! #noregrets
Fullsizeoutput 100ec
  • Play dates! Having friends next door and great friends from school to play with has been such a life savor! Jack went with his friends to Legoland Discovery for a play date last week, the lucky kid!!
Fullsizeoutput 10123
 IMG 8613
Free bahama bucks yesterday!
IMG 8617
  • Hanging out with Kate. It's hard to feel very productive with a baby so it's a good thing she's cute! :)
Fullsizeoutput 10127
 IMG 8627
-------------------------
My favorite thing that David said this week when at the park with friends. "Jack are we gonna play or just talk about fossils?" haha #amen
-------------------------
My wonderful $3 Chinese shoes got an instagram shout out last month when they broke but I realized I never declared my love for them on my blog so here it goes:

R.I.P. to my irreplaceable, most comfortable and most favorite pair of sandals ever. I got them NINE years ago in China for TWO American dollars and I have worn them almost every day of every summer ever since. They have walked miles with me in Disney World, Chicago, New Orleans, Disneyland and at beaches in Florida and California, and I was beginning to think after nine years that they were indestructible!
 IMG 7852
 I bought a new pair of sandals in gold leather that I really love, and I'm hoping they will stand the test of time and the test of Disneyland like my other sandals did but we shall see... they were 45 times more expensive than my last sandals which is a little depressing to think about ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment