12.20.2017

What's Up Wednesday

Fullsizeoutput 10f31

Today, I’m linking up with ShayShaefer and Mel for What’s Up Wednesday!
What we're eating: 
Peppermint ice cream, muddy buddies, orange rolls, symphony bars, and all of the cream cheese dips ;) Looking forward to all of the holiday treats and food!
What I'm reminiscing about:
These two pictures popped up on my FB timeline this week :) My first snow living in a cold state (in Utah) TEN YEARS AGO!
Fullsizeoutput 1017e
And last year's Jammie Cocoa Christmas FAIL! haha Poor David managed to dump his hot chocolate (thankfully just luke warm) all over him while we were driving around looking at Christmas lights.
Fullsizeoutput 1017a
What I'm loving: 
  • This picture of my nephew and Santa! hahahahaha!!!!
Fullsizeoutput 101c2
  • My friend tagged me in this article about kid's specific obsessions. Hopefully Jack's dinosaur obsession is making him smarter ;)
Fullsizeoutput 101b2
  • These pictures that Jack and David got as Christmas presents at church. I feel guilty that the only thing I notice are Jack's abnormally large hands!!!! haha
 Fullsizeoutput 101b3
 IMG 8854
  •  This post that I saw on FB because I don't get all the lovey mommy feelings while looking at ultrasound pictures... ultrasounds or pictures of lasagna - I can understand the confusion! hahaha
 Fullsizeoutput 10189

  •  This!
 Fullsizeoutput 101b1
  •  My sweet baby!
Fullsizeoutput 101c4
 Fullsizeoutput 101c7
  • And my friend's FB post! #truth
Fullsizeoutput 101b6 
What we've been up to:
  • Going to the zoo with friends!
Fullsizeoutput 101be
IMG 8776
  • Walking/running while Jack is at school with these two!
Fullsizeoutput 101bb
I've had this beanie since Jack was a baby and it's my favorite!
IMG 8747
  • Watching Jack's cute Christmas concert. 
 Fullsizeoutput 101c5
Cheesy confession: I got all emotional watching Jack sing some silly adorable snowman song. Being a stay-at-home mom is sometimes hard for me because sometimes I feel like my brain is turning to mush and because I'm a very task oriented and some days it just feels like the only thing I accomplish in a day is keeping my kids fed and alive. When I was watching his Christmas concert, I remembered that being a mom is what I've always wanted and I just couldn't believe that I get to be that little boy's mamma :)
  • Seeing Santa! For some reason, I was really dreading this but we checked it off of our dang Christmas to-do list on Monday! I was debating if I should go to the mall a mile down the road and risk Jack and David changing their minds about what they want for Christmas or going to Bass Pro Shop 30 minutes away and risking getting a crappy time slot to go back to see Santa. I decided on Bass Pro Shop and got a time slot for an hour and a half after we got there. It was kind of torture for me waiting with Kate that long but Jack and David had fun doing all of the activities there :) David told Santa he wanted a scooter and Jack told Santa he wanted a surprise!
Fullsizeoutput 101f1
Fullsizeoutput 101f9
Fullsizeoutput 101ed
  •  Redeeming Jack's coupons from getting student of the month! haha He has been asking me for days to get his free ice cream and we finally went this week!
Fullsizeoutput 101ff
  • Visiting a "Bethlehem" and seeing a live nativity! Some friends invited to go with us to this event and I was so impressed! We will definitely go again next year!
Fullsizeoutput 101e6
  • Letting go of our first pet! haha We went to a friend's birthday party and they gave away fish as party favors!!! (I thought there was some unspoken rule that you don't give pets to other people's children?!) Luckily, after David spilled his fish IN OUR VAN, I convinced them that these kind of fish would die if they didn't live in the canal by our house ;) So we let the fish go after keeping them for less than 24 hours :)
  Fullsizeoutput 101e5 
What I'm working on:
Getting a few last things ready for Christmas!
What I'm dreading:
Nothing at the moment
What I'm excited about:
CHRISTMAS!!! This is me and Spencer's 8th Christmas together but only the 2nd time doing Christmas at our own home and not on the road. We will miss are families but are excited to start our own traditions with our little family :)

I'm also excited that the weather is amazing in Arizona in December. I think it makes Christmas way more fun when you can actually go outside and enjoy your Christmas gifts without freezing to death!
What I'm watching:
We finished Stranger Things and Poldark so now we are watching all of Christmas episodes from The Office :) (Then we are planning on watching the Parks and Rec Christmas episodes next :) Season Three's Christmas episodes from The Office are THE BEST!
Fullsizeoutput 101b4
What I'm reading:
I still haven't sat down to read since having Kate but I listened to the audio of The Woman in Cabin 10 on Over Drive and liked it a lot!
Fullsizeoutput 101b5
What I've been listening to:
All of the Christmas music!
What I'm wearing: 
It's finally cool enough for leggings and jeans! I never remember to take "outfit selfies" haha
What I'm doing this weekend: 
All of the Christmas things :)
What I'm looking forward to next month:
My family visiting and not having to endure January because the weather here is going to be gorgeous!
Fullsizeoutput e86f

No comments:

Post a Comment