12.13.2017

Life Lately

We love play dates with our neighbors and Jack's friends from school!
Fullsizeoutput 1017c
On Friday, I was sick so it seemed like a good day to have a lazy day. We dragged a mattress out into the living room, watched Christmas movies, and had our traditional sleepover by the Christmas tree.
Fullsizeoutput 10180
Fullsizeoutput 1018a

Fullsizeoutput 1018c
I've watched While You Were Sleeping more than any movie but this weekend was the first time I noticed that Lucy had the same sheets that I had growing up ;)
 Fullsizeoutput 10191

By Saturday night, I thought I was feeling better so we got hot chocolate, drove around to see Christmas lights, and walked around the Riparian Preserve for the Riparian After Dark event. This is a picture of us pretending to have fun because Jack and I lost steam really fast and we ended up bailing after 10 minutes and going home!
Fullsizeoutput 1018e
Fullsizeoutput 1018f
On Sunday, I was feeling better, but Jack wasn't :( We kept our mattress out all weekend and Jack fell asleep through all of our noise, a sure sign that he wasn't feeling 100 percent.
Fullsizeoutput 1018d
By that evening, Jack seemed to be feeling better but Spencer wasn't feeling too great. In order to give Spencer some space (because David is obsessed with Spencer and won't leave him alone when he's home) I took the kids out to see more Christmas lights while Spencer barfed his guts out in peace and quiet. We found a cul-de-sac that was doing free train rides and a "Walk through Bethlehem." I love that my boys were perfectly fine in t-shirts, shorts and flip flops. Christmas in Arizona is the best :)
Fullsizeoutput 10194
Fullsizeoutput 10197
Fullsizeoutput 10196
Fullsizeoutput 10195
After the boys went to sleep, Jack woke up and projectile peanut-butter-vomited all over everything BUT the barf bowl, including David, then fell back to sleep 😩🤦🏼‍♀️ I had to wake them up, bathe them, and scrape chunks of vomit off their clothes, sheets and pillows before washing and changing the sheets. I was feeling sorry for myself until I remembered that Spencer’s cousin’s sweet baby passed away last night. I don’t know them well, nor can I begin to imagine their grief, but with them in mind, I began scraping chunks of barf with love and gratitude in my heart and with a prayer for a family who had to say goodbye to their baby much too soon. Life can change so quickly and so drastically and I’m so grateful for my family, barf and all.
 Fullsizeoutput 10198
(I haven't enjoyed a peanut butter sandwich since Jack was 18 months old or so. His throw up always smells peanut-butter-sandwichy since that is a staple in his diet and now the smell of peanut butter sandwiches just remind me of throw up! haha) Also, I don't understand how my kids act fine during the day but almost always throw up in the night?!
Monday was a recovery day of all of us. David's morning hair was pretty awesome!

Fullsizeoutput 10199
Fullsizeoutput 1019a
I think we are in the clear now and hoping for a better week and weekend!
Fullsizeoutput 10190

No comments:

Post a Comment