3.21.2019

Spring Break Part 1

For our first week of Spring break, I headed back to Oceanside with the kids! I was worried that it would be too soon after coming back from Disneyland the week before, but I'm so glad we went! We had a blast! It was our first road trip without Spencer, and we all missed him! David even cried the night before we left :( I loaded them all with snacks and treats and they were so good the drive there - we only had to stop once! (The drive home was a different story!)


We stopped at TKB Bakery in Indio for my favorite sandwich of all time!

When I realized that our spring break was just a week after our Disneyland trip, I got the genius idea to add a 4th day to me and Jack and David's Disneyland tickets and go back again! (It is much less expensive to add days than to purchase separate tickets and we were still within the 14 day window.) I will never forget this day with my boys! I'm so grateful for Maddie and James who watched Kate and for Spencer who was on board with our 4th day to "get it out of my system!" (However, Disney will never get out of my system ;) We hit all of their favorite rides again and did the rides and things we missed the first day at California Adventure!






Jack had to ride solo for a couple of rides because some of the rides wouldn't let David go without an adult. Jack talked to this lady the entire ride about when the dips were coming! haha

I don't complain as much on here about Jack's picky eating as I used to but... he is still very picky. I used Maddie's white bread to make him a peanut butter sandwich and he didn't like it the bread because it was different - but when I gave him the SAME BREAD to eat plain from my ham sandwich he thought it was delicious. (insert eye roll)

Radiator Springs Racers wasn't working in the morning - we were so glad it got fixed so we could ride it!

I finally tried the popular lobster nachos and I have to say - they were just ok for me. Arizona spoils me with much better nacho options :)

We went to meet some super heroes in the afternoon (they REFUSED to go on Guardians of the Galaxy! ha). I don't understand a lot of the super hero things but they sure get excited about it so I just smile and nod and love watching them love it;)

Jack got called up for the dance off and he rocked it!



I love visiting the Animation Academy! We did Turtle Talk with Crush (and David got picked to talk to him) and then took our character quiz at the Beast's Library. Jack was Simba, David was Mickey, and I was Cinderella :)

I LOVE the Micky Mouse and the Red Car News Boys show so much!


We hit a few more rides in the evening before calling it a night!


And a few pictures of Kate having a ball in Oceanside with Calvin :)


I'm so grateful for this unforgettable day with my boys :) We had so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment