4.11.2019

Sedona

Last weekend we took a spur of the moment camping trip to Sedona and had such a great time! I had been wanting to  camp in Sedona for about a year now and we even made reservations twice but both times fell through.
Day 1 we set up camp at Lo Lo Mai Springs a little outside of Sedona since the camp grounds in Oak Creek Canyon were full or not open for the season yet. It was so pretty and we ended up really liking the campground! We set up camp then headed to Sedona to hike Devils Bridge Trail. It was four miles round trip and all three kids rocked it! It turns out Kate loves hiking and hiked 1-2 miles herself. We were so proud :)
Our camp ground - they loved playing by the water and skipping rocks :)



Devils Bridge:


They loved all of the stacked rocks and added their own rocks too!







The bridge was amazing but there was no way in heck I was going near it with my babies!!! It gave me the shakes just watching other people walk across it!

We went back to camp and roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. At exactly 8 pm, David asked us if we would put him to bed :)





I shot a few pictures manual for my photography class homework - they ended up blurry/unfocused but I still kinda love them :)




The next morning we drove up Oak Creek Canyon to hike West Fork Trail. It was over 7 miles round trip and we ended up doing about 4 miles total. I had read that it was a fun hike for kids because it was flat and because there were 13 creek crossings. I thought it would either be super fun or super miserable for our kids with the creek crossings and it turns out it was both - they LOVED hiking in and HATED hiking out haha. David fell in waist deep 2 miles in, Jack's shoe's and socks got drenched, plus their legs were spent after hiking 8 miles total in less than 24 hours! (And Kate did about 3-4 on her own!) I was so proud of all of them and I loved that the scenery of the two hikes were completely different.



Right before David fell in ;)


By the end we were packing these two on our shoulders :)

We had so much fun in Sedona and are already planning our next trip back! I love camping (except for the sleeping part. ;) ...if only I didn't have to get up and pee twice a night! gah!)

No comments:

Post a Comment