6.09.2019

Day in the Life

It's been a while since I've done "a day in the life" post, and I'm not sure if I've ever done one over the summer. This was Wednesday June 5th. I chose Wednesday because it is the most "routine" of all of our summer days, with Jack and David's swim team and Kate's swim lesson. So here was our day this last Wednesday:

I set my alarm for 6:45 but woke up a little earlier than that (Spencer had already left for work at 6:15)

I posted a couple of FB posts on my client's FB page then came out to find Jack and David watching the iPad together on the couch :)

We had breakfast and got ready for swim team. Kate woke up around 7:30.

I dropped off the boys at swim team and Kate off at the Kids Academy then went to a Barbell Strength class. 
At 9:30, I went back to the pool to pick up the boys and then we went to pick up Kate at the Kids Academy. 
We stopped at Fry's on our way home to pick up a few things. Kate loved her pink car :)
I got some sushi to try for lunch.
We did 20 minutes of reading when we got home then the kids played for the next three hours! (Kate and David's screen time has decreased significantly since Jack got out of school for the summer. I would like to say that it's because my parenting skills have improved but really it's just Jack who entertains them all day :) I always think it's annoying when people say 3 kids is easier than 2. (or that 2 is easier than 1, etc) but when Jack's the kid missing in the equation, 3 kids is easier than 2 :)
Kate is really starting to get into princesses and all of the girl things :)
They played outside, then played in their rooms, then watched a show for an hour until Kate's swim lesson. (somewhere in there we had lunch too :)
Kate couldn't hang :)
I mopped the floor and cleaned out our pantry while they played. I should have taken a "before" picture of our pantry - it was much needed! (I think I've only cleaned out our pantry one other time since we moved here two years ago! haha)
Kate all ready for "Miss Lucy" at 2:50 pm
We swam afterwards and I brought my underwater camera to play with. Jack and David found some boys to play with so I just ended up taking pictures of Kate :)
Jack and David have declared swim lesson day "pizza day" so we picked up some pizza on the way home. (They unfortunately discovered that there is better pizza to be had than Little Caesars, and they now prefer the more expensive Dominoes and Papa Johns, darn it! haha) Nothing like pizza for dinner at 4:15!
Spencer got home from work a little after 5 and then exercised in our garage. 
Kate got invited to our neighbor, Ellie's house so she played there for a bit then they both came back over to our house. They were both wearing their mermaid dresses when I went and picked them up :)
I worked on some FB ads for one of my clients while they played outside.
Before I knew it, they had stripped down and were swimming :)
Ellie went home at 6:30 and Spencer and David went to Bahama Bucks to get more snow cone flavors for our snow cone machine. We got a free snow cone with our punch card and all shared a huge Bahama Rama Mama.
Jack and David went to bed around 8 and Kate stayed up for almost another hour! 
Spencer and I watched Designated Survivor before going to bed around 10:30. 
-----------------------------------
So that's a day in our life this summer. Every day has been very different, especially with Kate not taking consistent naps anymore. We are all exhausted by the end of the day but it has been so fun having all three kids home! :)
-----------------
Some other day in the life posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment