3.26.2012

Cabbage and stuff

We got a cabbage in our bountiful basket last week. We don't care much for cabbage. However, I decided to be healthy and less wasteful so after a tiny tiny bit of research on the internet, I added some cabbage to my protein shake. You know, a green smoothie? It was so gross. Do people honestly like green smoothies? Can you actually make those things taste good? Did I use the wrong vegetable? Any green smoothie drinkers out there?!...

I guess the answers to my questions don't really matter. I never plan to mix vegetables in my smoothies ever again.

Yuck.

4 comments:

  1. Haha that's hilarious. I've been wanting to do bountiful baskets. They come near us. Try spinach... It takes on any fruit taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What in the world is a bountiful basket? My sister made me a green smoothie a few months ago. As she poured it into a cup, she told me about how good it tasted and how I wouldn't even know there were veggies in it. With high expectations, I took a sip. It tasted like liquid lettuce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie... try Chinese Chicken salad. I don't like cabbage either, but the salad is great.

    Boil some chicken, or use rotisserie chicken from costco or sams club, and add some nuts like almonds or walnuts or whatever you have, add some raisins and ramen noodles broiled in the over a little.

    For the dressing Use some red wine vinegar or any kind of vinegar like balsamic or regular white will work too, add sugar and use ramen noodle seasoning. Wisk together and throw over salad

    Its sooo GOOD

    Also I really dislike green smoothies too, but spinach is a little better. Im with chelsie. You just have to mask it with lots of berries and something to make you not taste the "green"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green smoothies = disgusting. Agreed.

    Smoothies are for tasty things like strawberries and ice cream.
    -Ariana

    ReplyDelete