3.22.2012

The Thursday after

We went to Arizona over spring break and it was wonderful. We spent time with my family, visited friends, shopped at Target and Last Chance got $600 worth of Nordstrom apparel for $80!!!, took a trip to the zoo, played racquetball and ping pong and softball, etch-a-sketched clearly that was just Spencer, went for lots of walks and runs, and loved every bit of Arizona's weather. More than once Spencer told me he could picture us eventually living there. And that's how Arizona gets you. It tricks you with perfectly amazing sunny weather in March, makes you fall in love with it and move there, and then hot April, May, June, and scorching July and August happen, and then you hate Arizona almost as much as you hate Logan in February.

We also ate a lot of food. A. Lot. Because, it's not everyday I'm in Gilbert. I have to satisfy all of those Gilbert cravings all in just one week and it's quite the chore I tell you! We filled up on Joe's BBQ, Gecko's Shrimp Mango Quesidillas in Queen Creek!, Bahama Bucks, Flancer's BLTs, my Dad's homemade brownies, and took many trips to get Bobas. I think I gained five pounds in that week and it was totally worth it.

Aaaand the picture overload.



















We came home to snow the next day. Oh, Logan.


On the bright side, the weather is beautiful today!

3 comments:

  1. Annie, I love you. And naked bare bum baby pictures. :D You totally listed all of my Arizona food favorites too, none of which I've actually been to in the almost-year I've been back here...sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gecko's back?!! I was having serious anxiety that it would be closed for good. Thank you for this good news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalli! Sadly, it's not open in Gilbert anymore. We drove all the way out to Morenos in Queen Creek but it was totally worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete