12.05.2012

My very first pinterest project (and why it's most likely my last)

Over Thanksgiving break, Spencer and I decided that we needed to add something to our long blank wall in our dining room area. Spencer was set on hanging a map so for the first time ever, I went on pinterest to look for ideas. I wanted to do this, but my poor non crafty brain had no idea where to start. I am a little ashamed to admit that I had to talk to three different friends to teach and coach me on these four simple steps:

1. Get a map
2. Cut it into thirds
3. Spray glue it to a dollar store foam board
4. Hang it

So there you have it, my first ever pinterest project!

Why this pinterest project will most likely be my last:

1. Spencer actually did about 90 percent of this project. I purchased the materials and helped measure the map into thirds, but when I started cutting, I got all OCD and critiqued every cut I made (yep, just from cutting with scissors) so I had Spencer do it but then I got all OCD again and critiqued every cut he made so to prevent us from both going crazy, I just left the room until he finished the entire thing. 

2. If you look really closely at it, it looks like a butchered 5th grade social studies project. 

3. This $20 map turned out to be a lot more expensive than that because when I finally hung the map, I wanted a new black friday clearance dining table to go with it, and once we bought that, I wanted fake flowers to put in the vase that has been in the back of my closet since we moved, and once I arranged the flowers in the vase, I wanted to rearrange the living room furniture, and after we rearranged the furniture, I wanted a new black Friday painting to put on our bare living room wall because I sure as heck was not about to get on pinterest again. So Merry Christmas to me! There really should be a new book to the series, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, entitled If You Give Annie a Pinterest Project.

4. Pinterest really stresses me out and "crafting" stresses me out even more than pinterest. Wait, have I already mentioned that before on this blog?

2 comments:

  1. Cute table Annie! You crack me up... We are like complete opposites. Ha. Crafting is like therapy for me... Not all crafts, mostly painting projects, but anywho... I'm excited for you that you got some redecorating done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one time, I thought that maaaayyyyybe, just maybe, I might possibly kinda enjoy crafting? It was due to Pinterest as well. And then my idea in my head turned into a big glowing cross on a canvas rather than a fun sparkly star design. And I'm not really Catholic. And I hate crafting.

    I chucked it and swore off crafting for eternity. Again.

    Let's go running.

    ReplyDelete