12.09.2012

Things I'm loving

  • Santa Clause at the zoo (Jack was not a fan)
  • Zoolight Safari with the Carlsons
  • Fox and the Hound and Pocahontus on Netflix!
  • My mother-in-law's chocolate fudge pecan pie recipe. It's super easy and it's my favorite pie in the whole world and we made it today! Here's the recipe that you didn't ask for so that you can make it right this instant.

Chocolate Fudge Pecan Pie

                                       1 cup pecans
                                      1/4 cup butter
                                      1 1/2 cup sugar
                                     2 heaping T cocoa (heaping as in get as much cocoa as possible onto that  
                                     tablespoon)
                                     2 eggs
                                    1 to 2 tsp vanilla
                                    5 oz evaporated milk 
                                   1 9 inch pie shell

Melt butter in a saucepan. Add sugar, cocoa, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Mix well and add pecans. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place pie shell in oven for 8-9 minutes. Poke down bubbles. Pour mixture in pie shell and cook for 40-45 minutes. Take out of oven and cool completely so the pie can set.
  • JCP's Christmas Buttons. Here's what you do: Go to every JCP cash register possible and ask for Christmas buttons. It's basically as awesome as trick-or-treating because at each register they give you 2 to a handful of adorable Christmas pins with a code on the back where you go online to enter for a chance win gift cards and other prizes. You can enter 2 per person a day and it's kind of fun and addicting because we've already won $70 dollars in gift cards in just two days! This is going on until the end of December so you better believe that Jack and I will be loitering at JCP this month during Jack's "outing" time! (Thank you Carlsons for the awesome discovery)
  • My awesome friend, Laurie, (the one who made Jack's puppy cake) took our family pictures last month for our Christmas card! I'm so grateful for talented friends who pick up my not-as-talented slack. 
IMG 1899 1 zps698cb5c2
IMG 1823 Version2


IMG 1958
 IMG 1939

IMG 1859




IMG 1748
 IMG 1723
  • My amazing five-and-a-half year old ipod that I thought would live forever because Apple pretty much programs those things to die after two years yet this one lived on, gave up the ghost this week when I put it through the washer and dryer :( I truly believe that it would have played music and Dennis Prager forever if I had only been more responsible. That ipod moved to Utah State with me, went to Europe and China with me, ran a marathon with me, and survived a summer in Alabama with me and it will be greatly missed. 
IMG 5181

  • UTAH IN THREE DAYS!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Your christmas card picture is ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chocolate pie looks an awful lot like Minnie's famous pie. When in the south?..... Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahaha! I love kt's comment! Cute christmas cards annie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Cow! Chocolate Pecan sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete