12.26.2012

Christmas traditions: an oldie, a newie, and one I want to start next year

The oldie: 
Christmas Eve dance party in new Christmas pjs. This is my favorite Christmas tradition ever and this year did not disappoint. I'm pretty sure I didn't pinky promise anyone that I wouldn't post this so without further ado the youtube summary below*:
The newie: 
Gingerbread man decorating but instead of having a contest to see who decorates their gingerbread man the cutest, have a competition to see who destroys their decorated gingerbread the most creatively. (Because what mom wants gross tasting gingerbread men on their counters all month?) There was death by snow, death by dog, death by boiling water, death by 16 year-old driver, death by door slam, and death by dance. It was so awesome.
Photo 1 zps7c5ccc05
IMG 5399 zps60293de6
IMG 5401 zpsf8ffcb3d
IMG 5396 zps9b495690
The one I want to do next year: 
The Christmas book advent calendar idea from this blog. Reserve Christmas books at the library before the first week of December (unless you own your own 25 Christmas books), wrap them, and open and read one every day until Christmas.

What are your favorite Christmas traditions?

*video will only be up for 48 hours because Spencer threatened to never dance again if I don't take it off. I have no clue why because I'm sure his friends would like him better and I'm absolutely positive that employers would be way more inclined to hire him after watching his awesome dance.

2 comments:

  1. This video is the best thing that happened to me in a really long time. James just makes a lot more sense now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, never knew Spencer had moves like that. Hilarious. I laughed almost too much. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete