5.31.2013

Things I'm loving

  • the fact that my dad went to the Taylor Swift concert on his wedding anniversary (with my mom and Elizabeth and Isaac), and that he went all out with the five dollar glow sticks, and that he even emailed links about the concert to my mom the next day. Even though Isaac and my dad were pretty much the only guys there, I think they loved it. 
IMG952683 zpsc99b9034
 IMG 2670 zps8bac19e1
  • Butter Crunch Bluebell Ice Cream aka the best Butterfinger ice cream you will ever have in your life. I usually would never choose Butterfinger Ice Cream but Spencer went grocery shopping with me last week and insisted we try it. It only lasted 3 days in our freezer. It was amazing. Fun fact for the day: Spencer's favorite candies are Butterfingers, Baby Ruths, and Starbursts. I think there is something wrong with him because I think those are lame favorites. 
DSC 0081 zps09ac903a
  • The blog post, The Worst End of the School Year Mom Ever
  • Winning two free entrees to the Color Me Rad 5k this Saturday! (Things I'm hating: not being to run in the Color Me Rad 5k race this Saturday because I can't get work off. The one time I actually win something super awesome on a blog, I don't even get to use it. Laaaame.) Question: do you think that races where you get paint/chalk dumped all over your body would be nearly as popular if there were no social media to plaster pictures of your messy/painty self immediately after the race?



4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, The Worst End of the School Year Mom Ever post was HILARIOUS. Especially because I see it from the teacher's point of view and know they are at their wit's end too, and God help them, how many days left until summer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blog post made my day! I want to share it to someone. Ha! I'm so not excited for the kids to start school at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! Glad it's not just the teachers feeling the end of the school year slump. If I'm being completely honest, I gave my students 100% on the last TWO essays they wrote if they turned them in and then promptly threw them in the trash. I never even read them. No energy, no motivation, therefore... no grading misspelled essays about how they changed over the course of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. L O V E butter crunch ice cream! Now I am commenting about food on YOUR blog, haha!

    ReplyDelete