4.10.2014

Survival mode and get your flu shots!!!

I thought I was finally getting into a pretty good routine as a mom of two kids. But then this week David started waking up two times in the night again and I started getting anxiety about leaving my top story apartment with the kids by myself again and my brain explosions began again because until this week I was in complete denial that we are moving in three weeks. Three weeks?!! I think my double spring break high and running high wore off. Blogging didn't even cross my mind this week, which is weird because I usually have a bajillion thoughts I want to send into cyberspace.
 Fullsizeoutput f742
 Fullsizeoutput f741

So I guess the whole point of this blog post is just to tell you to go get your flu shots so you don't almost die like Jamie almost did! In the words of Krissy:

I used to not care one way or another about this whole anti vaccine movement until Jamie almost died on me in January. You can read all the statistics/data you want but until you're sitting at the bedside of your loved one watching them fight for their life you will truly never know how important it is to vaccinate against preventable diseases that can KILL you. Who would've guessed it would've been my 27 year old, completely healthy husband with no past respiratory history who would contract the flu, go into ARDS and be put on the highest life support available, as opposed to my 2 yr old daughter with a breathing condition. Please vaccinate. If for no other reason then to prevent yourself from having to go through the hell that is having to watch your loved one go through what Jamie went through. I would have DIED if it had been Kelsie. Sorry, vent over.

GO GET YOUR FLU SHOTS!!!
THE END. 


No comments:

Post a Comment