4.23.2014

This is me procrastinating

My name is Annie and I suffer from PTMD (Post Traumatic Moving Disorder). I swear it's a thing. It has to be a thing. 

When we moved to Birmingham two years ago we had SO MANY apartment complications that seemed to completely snowball out of control including but not limited to three apartments in one week... one with fleas, one with smoke seeping through the walls and then the one with bedbugs... craigslist disasters, financial disasters, emotional disasters followed by a horrible, lonely, anxiety-ridden summer. (How is that for one sentence?) I have nightmares that the same thing is going to happen this time around. 

(Blog venting about that summer here and here and here and here and here and here and here... it's very uplifting reading material :) 

This month, I have felt the moving trauma creeping back and my best coping mechanism so far has been to avoid any thoughts of moving and to pretend like it's not happening. It's working pretty well for me so far, but just don't ask me if I've started to pack or get organized. And don't remind me that we are moving in basically a week. And don't tell my mom that I haven't been packing one box a day like she has wisely advised :)

So I'm just going to post a bunch of pictures now and continue to put off that inevitable and scary moving thing.

My mom gave Jack and David the cutest Easter outfits. Sadly this is the best picture I got:
Photo239 zps9850aa7e
Jack loved the ward Easter egg hunt and dying Easter eggs:
 IMG 3461 zps02a53576
 IMG 3467 zpsbc88c57e
 IMG 0967 zps3f08c76e   

I love this idea and since I don't know how to use that pinterest place full of nightmares and anxiety, I am posting it here:
 Fullsizeoutput f747
Jack likes sorting candy by color and playing with it instead of eating it. More candy for me!
 Fullsizeoutput f748
 IMG 3566 zpsc86e32d8

I love that David is a thumb sucker and that he is almost always smiling:
 IMG 3406 zpscd53036e
IMG 3293 zps2904e1bf
Plus he is a genius:
Fullsizeoutput f749

And I love his guts, literally.
 E1f87e37 212b 4480 b6a2 e05d81231551 zpsf6ab91d7

I love their matching outfits from Grandma:
 Fullsizeoutput f74a

I love that this is the scenery in the morning when I go running. I am going to miss our running trail.
Photo140 zps4feaa58c

I am now going to go pack or hide in my closet in the fetal position or breathe into a paper bag... hopefully just pack. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. PTMD is real. Waaaaay too real.

    Also, can I just drool over that running trail?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about you come take over my crazy classes (seriously, they're all on crack as of last week) and I'll pack for you! Or I can just get a sub and come help you pack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you understand, Ariana :) And Katie, I'm totally down for trading, but a packing buddy would be a lot more fun!

    ReplyDelete