9.03.2014

Labor Day Weekend

I loooooove Labor Day. It is the start of my favorite season, the weather and scenery is gorgeous, it's the beginning of a new school year, and there is so much more tradition and anticipation this time of year... PLUS my birthday always falls around Labor Day :)

My friend Julie introduced me to the genius idea of started a babysitting co-op. It's slowly getting started but I am loving that Jack has friends over to play more often and that we don't have to pay a babysitter! On Saturday, we went to the farmers market KID FREE!!! We found a pretty good and authentic taco stand (IN IOWA!), purchased the world's best corn, and had fun walking around and sampling everything.
IMG 1219
 IMG 1220
I love living on the Mississippi.
 IMG 1221
On Monday, we played INDOOR SOCCER! It was sooooo fun and we had an awesome turnout. We had three to four different teams so the teams that weren't playing watched the kids in the nursery. I am still sore in places that I didn't even know could be sore. I guess I haven't sprinted, twisted, or kicked for quite a while. That's going to change!
 IMG 1222
 IMG 1223
Spencer got tickets to the circus from work so that's where we headed next. We had a great time and Jack LOVED it but my heart was breaking a little for the animals... Seriously, Black Fish on Netflix ruined animal entertainment for me!!!
 IMG 1224
See the elephants being hurded into the giant semi-trucks? That's really sad!
IMG 1225
 After the circus, Spencer watched the boys while I hit the Labor Day sales for my birthday. Shopping by myself for myself... that never happens so it was FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment