1.23.2015

Chick-fil-A is awesome, Flashback Friday and my grandma is on Instagram!!!

We had a rough start to our week. On Monday morning we went grocery shopping, and while I was talking to my mom on the phone while getting David out of the carseat I heard a man yell, "Ma'am, your son is rolling down the hill in the grocery cart!" Jack rolled about 10 parking spaces before he ran into a parked car that stopped him :/ (Luckily both he and the car we unharmed!) I was surprised that he didn't yell for me when he started to roll away - instead he was dead silent and had a look of terror in his eyes! I thanked the man for telling me, he gave me the dirtiest look ever, then I went to redeem myself by buying Jack ice cream for breakfast :)
IMG 0530
We went to Chick-fil-A and they gave us the ice cream cone for free, plus a little bowl of ice cream for David! Now that is customer service!
IMG 0529
David ate his ice cream, plus finished off Jack's :) Almost-one-year-olds are totally allowed to have ice cream, right?!
IMG 0528
My Aunt was going through boxes and found these gems:
Christmas Eve during the glory days:
IMG 0514
My mom in her prime (ha!):
IMG 0517
When my brother James was in elementary school, almost every girl in his class had a crush on him. Can you blame them?!
IMG 0516
When I was in 7th grade, I thought I was so cute. Truly I did. I loved how I color coordinated my braces for each holiday and I loved my short hair. This picture is proof that I was delusional. At least I had high self esteem? haha
IMG 0522
Activity of the week: went to the mall across the river with with a friend to check out their new children's play place. It seems like the Quad Cities has a hard time branching out of the tractor/farm theme, but that is perfectly fine by Jack!
IMG 0527
I found out that Bob from the Biggest Loser is also doing the Whole30 so now I feel pretty cool. I love Bob!
Fullsizeoutput 10428
And the biggest news of all - My grandma got an Instagram account! (she sometimes goes by Grandma Annie because when I was little, I called her Grandma Annie since my other grandma was Grandma Wirthlin - a grandma for each of my names. Totally makes sense. And it also conveniently worked because my grandma's first name is Annette.)
Fullsizeoutput 1043e
Then she posted and we were all so proud and surprised! Was it an accident or one of those artistic curling-in-bed-reading-a-book posts??? (total accident)
Fullsizeoutput 1043f
Group text with my mom, aunt, brother, and cousins:
Fullsizeoutput 1042f

 Fullsizeoutput 10439
(Background to why she would post WTF - My grandparents are the most hardcore Aggies ever and they hate BYU with every fiber of their beings. My grandpa swears that his car will never drive south of the Point of the Mountain so dropping James of at BYU was a BIG DEAL! ;)

I put in my time supplying my mother with my facebook password, so now it is my brother's turn:
IMG 0526
IMG 0525

No comments:

Post a Comment