1.15.2015

Stuff we did in AZ

  • We roasted marshmallows in the backyard 
IMG 0560
Barefoot and shirtless in December is the way to go in Arizona according to my brother!
IMG 0559
  • We hiked! Camelback Mountain and the Windcaves with my family minus Elizabeth and my dad. I was surprised at how much both Jack and David loved it. I can't wait for it to warm up so that we can hike the... farms here :)
IMG 0569
IMG 0568
IMG 0567
IMG 0566
IMG 0565
IMG 0564
  • We ate my favorite food/drink in the whole wide world at my favorite boba place in the whole wide world! I now like the strawberry coconut flavor better than chocolate coconut, fyi. 
IMG 0580 
Jack did not like the black boba balls in his drink and I've never been so disappointed in him.
IMG 0563
  • We shopped at Last Chance. Nordstrom clothing that is 80 percent off is the best.
IMG 0581
  • We rang in the New Year with my grandparents and cousins from California. (My grandparents gave Jack and David awesome Utah State sweat shirts for Christmas. GO AGGIES!)
My grandma is more flexible than I am
IMG 0576
See, the most flexible thing I can do is sit in a very awkward and weird looking position for a picture.
IMG 0572
 IMG 0571
 IMG 0551
When we were younger and had family reunions at the beach together, we played the card game "scum" every single night. We brought it back on NYE.
IMG 0575
Last selfie of 2014. I am so proud of it:
IMG 0577
Spencer, James and I all jumped in the pool at midnight, then watched fireworks from inside. (Don't worry, we weren't burning down the Christmas tree, it's just the reflection.)
IMG 0574
IMG 0573
And I started the year off right with my first breakfast of 2015 - peppermint ice cream with an oreo crust. YUM!
IMG 0570
  • We went to Bahama Bucks! James' Christmas gift to us was a Bahama Bucks gift certificate. Love that place.
IMG 0578
  • We saw the movies Annie and Unbroken and loved them both! I never want to see Annie again thought because it takes a full two weeks to get the songs out of my head.
IMG 0579
  • We went to the Gilbert Temple. I still can't believe that Gilbert has a temple. It is so beautiful!
IMG 0554
  • David ate his "pre" birthday cake and he loved it! 
IMG 0562
 IMG 0561
  • We went to the zoo, of course!
IMG 0558
  • And the park a few times. Man, I love Arizona weather in December!
 IMG 0557
 IMG 0556
The flight home from Arizona was a nightmare. Spencer went home before me because I decided that flying by myself with both kids was worth staying in the warm weather and with my family a little longer... AND IT WAS!!!!.... I think :)
I got to the airport, checked through security with both kids and with their bulky double stroller and with three carry on bags, waited to get on our delayed plane, got on the plane, sat on the plane for an hour and nursed David on the plane next to a rather large man. Then we were told to get off the plane! We had to wait for two plus hours to see if they could fix the maintenance issue and it turned out they couldn't so our flight was canceled. Then we had to wait another hour or so for our luggage to get off the plane. 8 1/2 hours spent at the airport for nothing! It was so awful. God sent me an angel to help me though - Ellen carried David and a backpack off the plane, played with Jack while I chased David, watched my kids while I went to the bathroom, and made sure I got dinner before the gift shop closed.
IMG 0550
 IMG 0549
 IMG 0548
 IMG 0546
 IMG 0545
David was SO DONE by the end of the first day.
IMG 0547
They both fell asleep within two minutes of getting into my mom's car.
IMG 0544
The next day we had to be at the airport at 5 am (!!!) and it went a lot smoother - it was a regular kind of hard flight with two kids, unlike the day before :) It wouldn't have been as smooth without the whole flight of people basically helping me - by the end of the second day I'm pretty sure every single person on the plane knew my kids names!
IMG 0542
Jack REALLY liked talking to the 22 year old guy behind us (I know he was 22 because Jack asked him how old he was about 50 times :). That kind young man let Jack talk his ear off and answered all of Jack's questions for about an hour and he was so nice! I am so grateful.
IMG 0543
There is nothing like two days of flying to get you excited to get to your zero degree home! We had such a great time in Arizona and are so grateful that we got to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment