1.12.2015

Christmas in AZ

I am so grateful that we were able to go to Arizona for the holidays this year! We had my whole family sleeping under one roof on Christmas Eve for the first time in four years and I truly didn't think that was ever going to happen again!

To say that Jack was excited to go on an airplane to "Nana's house" is an understatement -he was dancing and screaming when he saw our plane for the first time. Our flight left late on the 23rd, and because I had heard so many horror stories about Allegiant Airlines, I thought it would be funny to text my mom and tell her that our flight was cancelled and that we couldn't get on another flight until after Christmas - I got just the reaction I wanted from my mom and once she found out I was joking, she called me names that I can not post on this blog :) But you know what they say, Karma's a b**** and that canceled flight joke came back to bite me on the flight back to Iowa.
IMG 0591
Jack wanted me to hold his hand while we took off and he was soooo nervous. It was so cute.
IMG 0590
Christmas Eve day looked like this - the best kind of Christmas's are GREEN!
IMG 0589
 IMG 0555
We did a Sub for Santa and delivered Christmas to a family in need. James said that the neighborhood that they lived in looked like neighborhoods from his mission in Mexico.
IMG 0588
Our only complete family picture was a selfie that Spencer took on the way to deliver the gifts - David's crying, Elizabeth is pulling a typical Elizabeth face, Jack's putting my mom's lip gloss on and for some reason my dad is in the very back of the van pulling a very weird smile :)
IMG 0587
Christmas Eve is my favorite night of the entire year and this year did not disappoint! My favorite family Christmas tradition is our Christmas Eve dance party in our new Christmas jammies. It has slowly evolved into Christmas Eve dance solos and everyone's dances were pretty awesome this year. A summary of Spencer, James, and Isaac's dances can be found on my instagram account here, here and here. (some other performances cannot be posted because there was just too much twerking involved :) I know this is hard to even believe based on Spencer's incredible dance performance, but he was one of those lame-os that was too cool to dance at high school dances. He has come so far and I'm so proud! hahaha
Jack got Christmas pjs but wanted to stay in Elizabeth's old Gilbert Tiger costume all evening!
IMG 0586
Christmas morning:
IMG 0585
 IMG 0584
 IMG 0583
 We had an amazing and very merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment