11.06.2015

Friday Favorites

I am linking up with Narci, Andrea and Erika this Friday for Friday Favorites! I figure my "Things I'm Loving" posts are basically the same type of posts as "Friday Favorites" posts, so here we go...
  • Our miraculous 60 degree weather this week! This is not normal for Iowa so we've been soaking it in and playing outside ALL THE TIME because it's going to get cold soon.
 IMG 9667
 I still don't understand why these three beg to squish into the bike trailer together, but I never get one complaint from any of them and they don't fight. They are all smiles. It's crazy and hilarious!
 IMG 9666
  • Our bike path this time of year. It's so beautiful! 
IMG 9665
  • Thanksgiving decorations! These are my three favorites:
    • This turkey pumpkin! My mom had one of these turkeys growing up but I couldn't find one to purchase anywhere. When we lived in Alabama, my friend's husband carved the wood out for us for a girls' night so we could each make one. I love it! 
 IMG 9669
    • My "Thankful" felt banner from Target's dollar spot. Can't make it cheaper than that! 
 IMG 9668
    • These PB holiday advent calendars. I majorly splurged on them this year but I LOVE THEM! Jack and David had so much fun with the Halloween countdown (I left a slip of paper in each pocket with a fall/Halloween activity that we did each day) but for Thanksgiving, I am making Jack come up with something that he is grateful for each day to put on a slip of paper and put in the pocket for the day. So far he is grateful for "the turkey", "planet earth", turtles, elephants, and David. I love three-year-olds :)
 IMG 9664
  • Jack's quote this week - Earlier this week, he had a cough and woke up with a low fever one night. I tried to get him to take some medicine but it is SO HARD to get that picky boy to swallow medicine. I have tried EVERYTHING in the past. This time I called the chewable Tylenol "candy" and said that the candy would make him feel better. He said, "I don't like that candy, let's just have God do it." We said a prayer and sure enough, God "did it!" Jack slept through the rest of the night and felt better the next day :) 
FYI Daylight savings is NOT my favorite. We've had three 4:30 mornings this week. Boo!

2 comments:

  1. I am SO happy you ended up getting those advent calendars! They're darling! And I love Jack's quote "let's just have God do it" that always seems to work the best in the end haha! He is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO happy you ended up getting those advent calendars! They're darling! And I love Jack's quote "let's just have God do it" that always seems to work the best in the end haha! He is so funny!

    ReplyDelete