11.25.2015

What's Up Wednesday

 Fullsizeoutput 10f31
I'm linking up with Shay, Shaefer and Mel the last Wednesday of the month again for What's Up Wednesday! How is it already the end of November?!
What we're eating this week:
ALL OF THE THANKSGIVING FOOD!!!!!
And when we aren't eating Thanksgiving food, I am going to be eating these tortillas!!!
 IMG 9597
It has been 3 1/2 years since these tortillas have been at my local grocery store (they didn't have them in Birmingham or in Davenport until now) and regular store bought flour tortillas just don't compare. I'm so excited for these!!!
What I'm reminiscing about:
Two weekends ago (a balmy 60 degrees):
 IMG 9614
 IMG 9613
Because this last weekend looked like this:
 IMG 9604
What I'm loving:
This! haha
 IMG 9617
And this: #storyofmylife
 IMG 9609
What we've been up to
Our church's turkey trot (I guess you don't get a good turn out when it's windy and freezing! haha)
 IMG 9616
Jack fell in love with hot cocoa at the turkey trot and has been asking for it every day since :) I can't say no to that face :)
IMG 9615
Art class! David is surprisingly more into it than Jack. He loves going station to station and doing all of the crafts while Jack wants to stay at the play dough and water table stations the entire time :) I love that their hands are basically the same size!
 IMG 9605
 IMG 9619
 IMG 9618
    Helping out at Jack's Thanksgiving party at preschool
     IMG 9595
    We are (sadly to me) replacing park days with museum days because of the cold!
     IMG 9596
    Playing in the first snow of the season! I hate snow, but I loved the look on Jack and David's faces when they looked out the window and saw snow. They were so excited!
     IMG 9603
     IMG 9602
     IMG 9601

    What I'm excited about:
    The holidays! I love this time of year!
    What I'm dreading:
    Snow. Winter. Freezing temperatures. Everyone says that the first snow is magical but if I'm being honest, it is totally depressing to me. It feels like the "beginning of the end" - the end of bike rides and sending the boys out to play and park play dates and running outside and going on walks and going to get the mail without slipping on ice and falling flat on my back (that seriously happened this weekend) and leaving the house without bundling my kids with socks and boots and coats and mittens and hats and then going back inside to change a second time because playing in wet snow is more fun than getting in the van. I hate the winter blues and would love any suggestions or remedies that help make winters happier! #arizonagirlproblems
    What I'm working on:
    Just prepping for Christmas and getting ready to go out of town!
    What I'm watching/reading:
    We finally finished Parks and Rec last week and we loved it! So so so so soooooooooo much. I am now looking for show recommendations because Spencer started watching Mountain Men and I just can't.
    It was my turn to choose the book for book club this month and I chose Daring Greatly by Brene Brown. It's one of my favorites!
     IMG 9598
    What I've been listening to:
    Christmas music!
     IMG 9599
    What I'm wearing: 
    As usual, I'm wearing pajamas as I type this, but I did remember to take an outfit selfie earlier this week. I didn't, however, remember shoes and I didn't remember to pick up the junk around me so you could all think that my house was clean.
     IMG 9663
    What I'm doing this weekend:
    Turkey trotting, feasting, celebrating Jack's birthday, visiting the Nauvoo temple, and hopefully getting our Christmas decorations up.
    What I'm looking forward to next month:
    My brother James' wedding and spending the holidays in Utah and Arizona!!!
    Bonus Question: What is your favorite Christmas Tradition?
    Every year we have a Christmas Eve dance party in our new Christmas jammies and it is definitely my favorite tradition! Some years it's laid back and some years it's structured and intense (everyone has to dance solo to the song of their choice) but every year it is so fun and hilarious! Here is a clip from our Christmas of 2012: (I may have promised to delete this a while back but I "forgot" ;)

    Other posts about some of our Christmas traditions -----> here and here
    What's up with you?!
    IMG 1660

    5 comments:

    1. I had a friend in Utah who bought a UV lamp to help her get through the winter. She had grown up in Arizona and hated winter too. If it gets really bad, just load up the kids and come visit us in Texas! All the boys will have a blast playing together.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. UV lamp! Good idea! And seriously, I want to visit sometime. Texas sounds amazing!

        Delete
    2. I had a friend in Utah who bought a UV lamp to help her get through the winter. She had grown up in Arizona and hated winter too. If it gets really bad, just load up the kids and come visit us in Texas! All the boys will have a blast playing together.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Oh my goodness those fox hats are adorable! And you have so much snow! I was sad that we've been waking up to dustings of snow every morning and the temps has dropped to -5 or so but the grass is still visible! I always tell people that I'm not made for winter. I just hate the cold and the snow and being outdoors is so unenjoyable....give me all the sunshine and green grass!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Your boys are SO cute! And I need that fox hat in my life. & I love that scarf you're wearing!

      ReplyDelete