11.03.2015

Show and Tell Tuesdays: Day in the Life

I'm linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals for Show and Tell Tuesday and telling a "day in the life."
  photo Show and Tell - Big List_zpsa4jbtwxg.jpg
Here is what last Thursday looked like:

6:04 am - Jack woke up. Spencer was a saint and got up with him, ate breakfast with him, and set him up with a show before his 7 am meeting. I went back to sleep :)

7:22 am - David woke up so I woke up :) (I was shocked that he slept that long and that I got to sleep that long! A miracle!)

 We went downstairs and joined this crazy kid:
 IMG 9704
7:30 - ate breakfast and got the boys ready for the day.
 IMG 9705
8:30 - headed to the gym. It was windy and cold!
 IMG 9703
David is OBSESSED with this girly blue beanie that Spencer's grandma crocheted and he won't leave the house without it. He's ridiculous :)
 IMG 9702
9:00 am - Body Pump class at the Y
 IMG 9700
While I was at my class, Jack and David had a Halloween Party at Child Watch. When I went to pick them up, they were trick-or-treating around the gym :)
 IMG 9699
 IMG 9698
10:15 - dropped Jack off at preschool and David and I headed to the grocery store. I love one-on-one time with this cute weirdo :)
 IMG 9697
 IMG 9696
 IMG 9695
12:15 - picked up Jack from school. He had a rough day at school because he fell and hit his head :(
 IMG 9694
12:30 pm - we ate lunch
1:00 pm - put David down for a nap then played the matching game with Jack (that's the first thing he begs to do once David goes down for a nap every day :)
 IMG 9693
1:30 pm - finally took a shower, cleaned up the kitchen, and snuggled on the couch with Jack. (He played the ipad and I caught up on social media and my favorite blogs)
3:00 pm - got ready for work, woke David up and headed out to the car
Work outfit - swimsuit, baggy shirt, sweats, and uggs :) (I work once a week at the Y teaching swim lessons with a bunch of high schoolers ;) I do it mainly for the free membership but I also really enjoy teaching. It's nice to have "something" as a stay-at-home mom even though it's really small. And the small about of money I earn goes directly toward my Disney World churro fund :)
 IMG 9692
The only thing I hate about the new van is that David hides in the back of the van every. single. time we get in the car. No matter how much I persuade or get angry, he giggles so hard and I always have to climb in the back to get him. Once I get him in his car seat, he does the best pelvic hip thrust in the world and it takes forever for him to "fold" so I can buckle him in his seat. It's exhausting! (And Jack just sits and waits and blows spit bubbles! haha)
 IMG 9701
3:45 pm - arrived at the gym for work. Jack and David helped me get set up for my first 4 pm swim lesson since the Child Watch doesn't open up until 4. (Then Spencer picked them up around 5:15 on his way home from work and they got their usual Thursday night Little Caesars pizza for dinner :)
 IMG 9690
 IMG 9691
It was the last lesson of the session and I got a gift card from one of my kids!
 IMG 9689
 7:00 - finished my last lesson, took a shower and got dressed, then headed home
7:30 - came home to these cute boys :)
 IMG 9688
 7:30 pm - cleaned up the kitchen and picked up the family room while Spencer put the boys to bed.
8:00 pm - talked to Spencer while we ate a snack (I had a pb&j for dinner at work)
My snack (plus two more cookies) #keepingitreal
 IMG 9687
Spencer's snack (plus another piece of pizza and dinosaur chicken nuggets) #keepingitreal #ihategreensmoothies #anddinosaurchickennuggets
 IMG 9686
 9:00 pm - watched a couple episodes of Parks and Rec
 IMG 9684
10:30 pm - lights out
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
I haven't been very good keeping up with this link up but my last Show and Tell Tuesday post was on my "Momfessional Moments" back in May. I feel like I could probably do a Momfessional Moment post once a week and still come up with new material :)

 My last "day in the life" post was over a year ago ----> here.                  

6 comments:

  1. The hiding in the back of the van is my least favorite part of our van too. The compromise me and the kids have worked out is that they can run amok while I load groceries/whatever I bought into the trunk and return the cart, then they have to get straight into their seats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome idea! Unfortunately, David doesn't get compromise/reasoning yet but I should keep trying!

      Delete
  2. The hiding in the back of the van is my least favorite part of our van too. The compromise me and the kids have worked out is that they can run amok while I load groceries/whatever I bought into the trunk and return the cart, then they have to get straight into their seats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the hip thrust in the car seat! Glad to know I'm not the only one who deals with it! Loved reading your day in the life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GIRL! Are those samoas (or caramel delights)? I could REALLY go for some of those right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are our grocery store knock offs! Not quite as good, but I'll take what I can get!

      Delete