9.21.2014

An average day in my life

I documented last Thursday from start to finish. Disclaimer: It's not too exciting

4:20 am - David woke up to nurse
(I know, I'm a digital hoarder)
 Fullsizeoutput 10467

6:15 am - second wake up call from David. When David wakes up in the morning, Spencer always gets him out of bed and throws him on me. David then crawls on me and coos and hisses at me and sucks my face until I feed him :)
 IMG 1259
 IMG 1260
 IMG 1261
6:25 am - Jack joined us in bed. It is a good day when Jack sleeps in all the way into the sixes! 
6:45 am - We headed downstairs and Jack immediately got the eggs out of the fridge to "crack the eggs". I tried to help him and he yelled, "sit on the couch, mom!" If only. This whole routine would be a whole lot cuter if Jack actually ate the dang eggs. I started to make Jack his regular pb&j and got the genius idea to "french toast" the inside of his sandwich. He fell for it! It was the first egg he has ever eaten!
 IMG 1262
 IMG 1263
7:15 am - Spencer left for work

7:15 - 8:15 am - Jack watched Casper (we are already all about Halloween over here) while I dressed the boys, packed up our swim bag, and fed David. 

8:15 - 8:45 am - I searched frantically for our dang keys that weren't on the counter where they should have been.  Jack cried because he wanted to go swimming "RIGHT!!! NOW!!!!", David cried because he was grouchy and tired and ready for his 20 minute power nap in the car, and I cried because the boys were crying and because I didn't want to be trapped at home all day long. Turns out, Spencer put our keys on our bed. Not Jack... Spencer. I found them under our sheets. Spencer was in trouble!!!!

9:15 am - met my friends late at Body Attack at the gym. My friend describes the class as elementary gym class on steroids and it's a pretty accurate description.

10 am - 12 pm - we picked up our kids at the childwatch and headed to the pool. The process of getting both kids in and out of the water is exhausting but it wears them out so that my 20 percent chance of getting them to nap at the same time increases to about 90 percent so it's totally worth it! (The zero depth only area and my friends are the only reason I even attempt it though) Jack and David looooove swimming.
 IMG 1264
 IMG 1265
 IMG 1266

12:30 pm - we got home and Jack watched a Casper episode and ate lunch while I fed and nursed David. 

1 pm - David went to bed

1:30 pm - We read books and then Jack went to bed. These are Jack's favorites right now:
 IMG 1267
1:30 - 2:45 pm - I showered, ate lunch, then threw dinner in the crockpot and cleaned while I talked on the phone with friends. (Talking on the phone is the only thing that motivates me to clean)
Spencer went to Chicago the day before for work and brought me back a slice of UNO's Chicago style pizza. It was DELISH!
 IMG 1268

2:45 - 3:30 pm - David woke up and we played on the floor. I usually read or listen to a podcast while the two of us play.
 IMG 1269
3:30 pm - we woke up Jack from his nap. He would sleep for 3 1/2 hours if I let him (and then go to bed at 10 and wake up at 4 so I have to limit his naptime)
IMG 1270
 IMG 1271
4:00 pm - we went grocery shopping. These were their expressions at the beginning and by the end they were both screaming bloody murder.
IMG 1272
5 - 6 pm - we played outside with "the boys". I'm so grateful for our neighbors!
 IMG 1273
 IMG 1274
 IMG 1275
 IMG 1276

6 pm - Spencer came home!!!! I'm still not used to his long work hours.
 IMG 1277
6:15 - 7 pm - Spencer went to the gym with the boys. I used to feel guilty sending Jack and David to the gym twice in one day a couple days a week but now I just embrace the alone time. They love it and I love it so it's a win-win-win! 

7 - 8:45 pm - bath, jammies, books, nursing, prayers, songs, second dinner (Jack is pulling the "I'm hungry" card right as we turn out the lights) and shifting back and forth between the "little bed" (Jack's bed) and the "big bed" (our bed) .... Any suggestions on making this process faster? I think we are doing everything all wrong and the parenting gurus would probably shake their heads at us.
Jack insisted on wearing David's 6 month motorcycle onesie to bed... I can't believe it fits him!
IMG 1278

9 pm - we popped this kettle corn THAT IS SO AMAZING AND SO EASY AND YOU HAVE TO TRY IT and watched Once Upon A Time on Netflix.

10:30 - lights out

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What does an average day in your life look like??? If you blog about it, leave a link in the comments!

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I've been meaning to do something like it, but my days are so lame I think even I would be bored to tears writing it. Jack wearing the onesie to bed...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is my link, even though I already facebooked you and texted you about it. Because I like to follow directions. Ha.
    aninventorswife.blogspot.com/2014/09/a-day.html

    ReplyDelete