9.19.2012

A typical day in my life (It's epic!)

6:15 am     Jack wakes up
6:30 am     Spencer wakes up
6:45 am     Spencer throws Jack in our bed and I wake up
7:00 am     I feed Jack. (usually half of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and applesauce) I figured out
                  that he will actually stay in his high chair if I play Barney on my laptop and I also figured
                  out that he will actually eat if he is served pb&j. (luckily he has no peanut allergies, I didn't
                  know I was supposed to wait until his was one!)
7:30 am     Spencer leaves for school. I continue to feed Jack and watch Barney.
8:00 am     Jack and I go running.
9:00 am     I get in the shower so I don't slime Jack and Jack stands against the wall by the tub and cries
                  and cries.
9:15 am     I nurse Jack and put him to sleep.
9:30 am     I do important things like get ready for the day and listen to Dennis Prager and clean or read
                  or blog stalk or blog or coupon or make Jack's food and eat lunch.
11:45 am   I feed Jack as he watches Barney. (half of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and if
                  I'm lucky I can sneak in fruit and veggies and a hard boiled egg yolk.) This takes an hour.
                  An hour!
1:00 pm    We go for an outing! Swimming or library or grocery shopping or park or mall or zoo or
                 take lunch to Spencer on campus. Yesterday, we went to the zoo with Laurie and baby
                 Ruby! (Here, mom, with this picture and my facebook password, you can now put faces
                 to the names of all of my new Alabama friends!)
3:00 pm    Come home, nurse Jack and put him to sleep.
3:30 pm    Clean or read or blog stalk or blog or coupon or make Jack's food or get dinner ready.
4:30 pm    Jack wakes up and Spencer usually gets home and plays with him.
5:30 pm    Dinner and the usual pb&j and Barney.
6:30 pm    Spencer bathes Jack and I clean the kitchen.
7:00 pm    Books, nurse, sing, and bedtime for Jack.
7:45 pm    Spencer's flag football game or my Downton Abbey girls' night or book club (but
                 usually just quality time on the couch together watching Raising Hope or How I Met 
                 Your Mother after Spencer makes nobake cookies
10:00 pm  Bedtime!

And then we start all over the next day.
    
Sometimes (usually while I'm a half an hour into round three of feeding Jack pb&j while watching Barney) I wonder how in the heck I got from school and spontaneity and study abroads and working to naptimes and bathtimes and diaper changes (he runs away from me!) and spending at least three hours of my day trying to get food down my child's throat. While my days can sometimes be a little monotonous, I'm grateful for this simple life I'm leading; I've dreamed for this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. My mom feels that since I continue to post naked pictures of Jack on my blog, I should let my millions upon millions of blog stalkers out there know that the marks on Jack's arms and legs are not bedbug bites or cockroach bites or some funky Alabama disease. They are his scars from when he got the hand, mouth, foot virus and they are gradually fading, poor little guy!

4 comments:

  1. So you may think I am creepy by being so interested in your schedule, but since we have kids about the same age and yours sounds like a sleeping rock star and mine is.... Not. Any tips for me? Does he take a bottle or does he only nurse those three times? Any tricks you want to throw my way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I nurse just those three times (he is bottle challenged) and after I feed him solids (sometimes he's not interested then though). Jack slept terrible both during the night and his naps until about a month ago. At night when he started fussing, I shut our bedroom door, set my alarm for 15 minutes, and totally ignored him! The first time I tried it, he was asleep when my alarm went off after the 15 min and that was that! His naps have been so much better since we started leaving the house every time he wakes up, I think it wears him out faster. Hope that helps, I'm probably cursing our good sleeping schedule, announcing it to the world and all! haha

      Delete
  2. There's no way you watch Downto Abbey. I thought you hated our British shows that me and Katie watched? Haha. But sounds like you're having fun with your little buddy. I wish I had money/time to come visit :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no way I could have done it by myself! I go to a friends' house every week to watch it so I am forced to sit through the whole thing and they explain to me what's going on! hahaha I'm hooked now!!

      Delete