9.07.2012

Birthday

My birthday was yesterday and it was a good one!

  • Spencer made the best pancakes and buttermilk syrup for breakfast!
  •  Jack and I went running in the rain!
  • We maxed out on the free Arby's turkey club sandwiches. Arby's was offering them for free from 11-1 so of course we stopped by the Arby's by our apartment on the way to meet Spencer for lunch at the Arby's by his campus.
  • I ordered new running shoes!
  • Spencer surprised me with plants for our very bare apartment! (Jack is already enjoying the dirt)
  • Jack surprised me with kisses! And a birthday dance. (Again, a video probably entertaining to grandma only)
  • I cut my hair short! Spencer has been trying to convince me to cut it for over a year now because he has never seen me with short hair, which is crazy because my hair has been short basically my whole life. I caved because I have been wearing my long hair in a messy bun for four sweaty months straight now. (messy bun meaning I spent 20 seconds putting my hair up after I got out of the shower and didn't look in the mirror while doing it, not those cute sock buns that I never figured out how to do (evidence in video above))
  • I got lots of nice phone calls, birthday cards, texts, and facebook messages (why else would I put my birthday on fb if not to get the 'happy birthdays'?)
  • My parents surprised me with a gift card to Cheesecake Factory! Our wonderful friends kindly came over last minute to watch Jack and and we had a delicious baby-less dinner of salmon and vanilla bean cheesecake with raspberry sauce.
  • And then Hunger Games!!!
Yay for 23!

2 comments:

  1. The short hair is back! You look more familiar now. Ha ha! Happy birthday again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute hair. ps i cut mine last week and cried because i hated it so much. lucky for friends ... mine came over to fix it up..and gave me some color now i love it. Looks so cute on you! PS IN MORE HUMID climates its really hard to do your hair. the bun was my famous up do as well !!!
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete