9.17.2012

Quinoa and rain

On Friday, I "liked" California Pizza Kitchen on facebook, then logged onto Spencer's facebook account and made him "like" it too so we could both get their new Quinoa and Arugula Salad for dinner for free! (Go "like" it and get a free salad! The coupon expires on Wednesday I think!) We separately picked up our free salads to go and also shamelessly asked if we could get their complimentary bread and butter to go as well. (Yes, we are those people. Maybe one day when we have money we will stop.) We then headed to the food court at the mall to enjoy our totally free dinner!

Can I talk about Quinoa for a second? It's weird tasting. Our salads were decent (yes, I'm complaining about free salads) and we both agreed that it would have tasted a lot better without the Quinoa. Quinoa seems to be the new health fad, being a complete protein and all, but I would like to know how many quinoa pinners (or is it pinteresters?) out there have actually tried a quinoa recipe that they have pinned? If you've tried it, do you like it? Because Spencer and I both noticed after eating our average tasting Quinoa salad, that we were very satisfied and never got hungry or had sweet cravings for the rest of the night! A miracle! So you Quinoa eaters out there... I want recipes that make Quinoa taste delicious, not tolerable, okay!? Can you please give me good tasting quinoa recipes?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It rained today, so Jack and I didn't get to go on our usual afternoon outing. Instead, Jack just stood looking longingly out the window in his cute little pigeon toed stance wondering what in the world was coming out of the sky.
So I stripped him down to his diaper, opened the door, and watched to see what he would do. I tried to put a towel down so the wood wouldn't be so hard on his hands and knees but he crawled straight past it, and the lucky kid didn't get one sliver!
When he got to his I'm-so-excited-I'm-going-to-make-an-asian-face-and-giggle-uncontrollably state, I figured it was time to throw him in the bath.
 And what's a bath without lapping half the water up with your tongue?!

5 comments:

  1. Haha! His Asian face!! I love him! And he's standing! Too cute. He looks so much like you, cutest kid ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like Quinoa over here! I've tried a lot of good recipes from pinterest. It's true... Very feelings and really good for you. My favorite recipe lately has been a BBQ chicken quinoa salad. Super easy. Quinoa, black beans, corn, avocado, cilantro, green onions, chicken... You should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to say filling... Not feelings! Haha. Oh, and don't forget some cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a blog stalker - we love following your life with your super cute baby! We have a quinoa recipe we all totally love. Try it and see what you think!
    http://www.melskitchencafe.com/2010/07/black-bean-and-sweet-corn-quinoa-salad.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I will have to try it! :) I hope you guys are doing well! I can't believe Brandon is in the Ukraine!!!

      Delete