1.14.2013

AZ, one week later

I was in Arizona just long enough to realize how dumb I was to ever leave. I had no idea that life with a baby could be so easy but with perfect weather, with my hyperactive siblings who entertained and wore out Jack everyday, with my parents who watched Jack while I exercised and got ready for the day and took naps in the afternoon, with wide open space to play in at my parent's house, with friends' babies to play with, and with bobas anytime I wanted, life was pretty amazing. Jack was in heaven all week long.

And now, in no particular order, a (most likely boring to you but not to me) list of things we did in AZ with a ridiculous amount of pictures to go with it:

  • Jack went on a date with baby Kelsie. Rumor has it she has lots of AZ boyfriends so we tried to win her over with bobas. 
IMG 5450 zpsccea6b82
  • We played outside a lot
IMG 5562 zps989dcc9b




IMG 5548 zpsb9e27edb
IMG 5449 zpsfa6c8511
IMG 5505 zps1470227b
  • I went running in the mornings and we went on walks. **Running tangent** I can never decide if I enjoy running in AZ or not. I love that my mom watches Jack while I go and I love that keeping track of milage is easy, but I get so bored on the long flat straightaways. However, it was definitely more enjoyable than the two times I attempted to run in high altitude, snowy Utah.
IMG 5523 zpsef35c9b9
IMG 5516 zps441aa5ec
We went to the back of Alicia's house to see her new puppy and it almost convinced me that I wanted a dog. Almost.
IMG 5532 zps2bd91d8d
  • We went to the zoo. 
IMG 5441 zps8e61fe16
IMG 5429 zps7cdc4eb6
Out of all of the awesome animals at the zoo, Jack loved the goats and chasing the pigeons the best.
I'm pretty sure Jack is making a goat face right here.
IMG 5447 zps308430b1
  • We went to Freestone Park. I was a little disappointed though because last time we went back in March, we we witnessed a wedding and a proposal all in one five minute train ride. It was impossible to beat that excitement and drama. 


IMG 5484 zpsca43da63
IMG 5480 zps4e191ac1
IMG 5472 zps2a35c2ff
IMG 5463 zps9afb13e2
IMG 5460 zpsc9c526c5
  • We went on a tiny, maybe two mile hike and I was so so sore the next day because that baby carrier was a lot more difficult to carry than I thought it would be.
Photo 6 zps7cbcef04
Photo 5 zpse3dbb17b
  • I got to see a lot of friends and two of them had their babies less than a week after I saw them!
IMG 5542 zps41a830b9
IMG 5555 zpsca81877d
Hawaii, Alabama, and England friends reunited for the first time in a long long time.
IMG 5498 zps637bf5eb 1
  • When I was little, I would stand on my dad's hands all of the time. Now, Jack is standing on my dad's hands and I really hope he appreciates it because Isaac's children will not have that opportunity as my dad will most likely be in a wheelchair by then.
 IMG 5454 zpsb0e1cf29 1
  • Since we didn't dance enough in Utah, we made up for it in Arizona. Here, Elizabeth is attempting the moon walk and she thought baggies on her feet would improve her dance skills.
IMG 5452 zps8b25dc25

The end.
 IMG 5576 zps6bc2254d
IMG 5491 zpsa882a36c 1

6 comments:

  1. I am so with you except we were spoiled and got a whole month in AZ! Definitely had me wondering why I left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was SO good to see you!! And I could almost agree with you, except I've now been here in AZ without Tyler for far too long and have no idea when I get to go back, sooooo... Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I made it into a post! haha. I'm glad I got to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish Raef didn't decide to come the day after I saw you! I wound have loved to see you again! Come back soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, leaving was a dumb decision so come back! I can't believe I got back into town just hours after you left. I guess that means I need to plan a trip out to Alabama. I'll start saving up. Glad you had fun but sorry I missed you (and Ariana). Jack is a cutie! He and Seth are still destined to be best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. im with alicia! Happy i made a post! yahoo! It was great to see you, and im so glad i will not be "filed" away anymore! haha in the picture you posted I am so swollen. Yikes. haha Oh well, its a treasure to see you two! Its amazing that we all grew up together... literally since Kindergarten. Jack is adorable and Im so happy i got to see you! Now come back and meet miss Maylie!

    ReplyDelete