1.09.2013

Home

Jack and I survived our flight (even with the stops in Albuquerque and Dallas) and joined Spencer in Alabama yesterday, but I think we all have post vacation depression over here. Our apartment is a wreck and I believe Jack thinks our little apartment is a prison compared to sunny Arizona at my parents' house (more on AZ later). He has been standing at our front door and crying all day long.

I will hopefully be spending the rest of the week organizing, cleaning, grocery shopping, doing laundry, starting a couple of online classes to renew my teaching license, convincing my mom to talk to me for at least five hours a day, and trying to entertain a 13-month-old who thinks Elizabeth and Isaac, my siblings, are way cooler and funnier and more fun than I am. He is so bored of me already.

I am extremely grateful for Bryce and Aubrie's wedding, for Spencer's parents, for my parents, for our Christmas Eve reunion with the Sheets family, for Spencer's once-a-year-willingness-to-dance, and for JCPenny's Christmas button promotion (we won over $300 in store credit, our Christmas miracle) that made the holidays extra special and memorable this year.

Now back to real life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment