1.17.2013

Pros and cons of insignificant matters

1. It is snowing in Birmingham today.

Pros: SNOW DAY!!! Apparently the people of Birmingham are not equipped to handle snow that barely even sticks to the ground. Spencer's classes were canceled! Businesses shut down! I love Birmingham's attitude toward snow.

Cons: It is snowing in Birmingham today and I am cold. It took Spencer 2 hours to get home from campus today when it usually takes him 10 minutes. He said people left work and school all at the same time because the snow started falling so the traffic was horrible plus people were sliding off the road or just abandoning their cars in the middle of the highway in the middle of the road. Crazy people. It was just a little slush!

2. My grocery store gave me 47 cents to take 2 jugs of grapefruit juice, 5 lbs of grapefruit, and a grapefruit knife.

Pros: I experienced a couponing "high" again. It's seriously so fun.

Cons: The free grapefruit was not as good as the free grapefruit on my parent's grapefruit tree.

3. I visited meetup.com to find more playgroups for me Jack. I also attended a "Fun and Fit" class at the library today with Jack.

Pros: I am interacting with actual adult human beings.

Cons: Spencer's reaction when he found out that I actually went to meetup.com to find friends. I also had a this is seriously my life right now?! moment at Fun and Fit when I was doing "choo choo", "airplane", "helicopter" and "sparkle star" exercises that were supposedly burning calories?

Result: I applied for three jobs this week.

1 comment:

  1. ya seriously, move to California. Then we can do weird baby and mommy things together and then I won't be the only one under 30 and not drinking wine.

    ReplyDelete