9.16.2014

Things I'm Loving

  • This Iowa sunrise
 IMG 1248
  • No more second story apartment living! Jack plays and plays and plays in the trees by our house. When I was taking pictures of Jack and his friend, Olivia, Jack shouted, "Mom, look! I give Veeva loves!"
IMG 1249
IMG 1250
IMG 1251
  • These Sperry Nordstrom rejects from Last Chance for $15. Arizona people, if you aren't shopping at Last Chance, you are taking the most amazing store ever for granted. 
 IMG 1252
  • David, who sadly doesn't sleep with his bum in the air like Jack did at his age, but does occasionally fall asleep while sitting.
 IMG 1253
  • The Baskin Robin/Dunkin Donut shop down the street from our house. When I'm desperate to kill time or desperate to get calories into Jack's body we go there. Green/blue/purple ice cream chased down by a pink donut is Jack's preference.
 IMG 1254
  • My awesome friend who taught me how to make freezer jam. I made tri-berry jam and it is delicious but not quite as delicious as my grandma's raspberry jam. Nothing is as good as that stuff :)
IMG 1255
  • Another bike ride to the Mississippi!
 IMG 1256
  • Onions! We went out to Kate and Al's farm again and they sent us home with SO MANY ONIONS! They told me that I can chop and freeze onions and they will still taste amazing when I cook with them, so that's what I did. We chopped for almost an hour and me and Jack's eyes were a watery mess by the end. Not pictured: even more onions!
 IMG 1257
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The thing I am not loving: pulling out winter clothes in the middle of September. It's already getting coooooold!

No comments:

Post a Comment